IGNACIO SCHOOL DISTRICT 11 JT
The classroom teacher is responsible for providing motivating lessons and opportunities
for each learner, establishing standards of expected student progress in each area of
study, and for developing techniques for assessment of that progress. The teacher will
use suitable and varied teaching strategies to meet the needs of all students.
1. Possess Colorado Teaching Credential authorizing work in subject areas assigned.
2. Evidence of good character and health.
3. Demonstrate rapport with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
4. Evidence of dependability and professionalism.
5. Knowledgeable of a variety of teaching techniques, strategies, behavior skills and
6. Ability to motivate student learning.
7. Ability to work with a variety of ethnic students/parents
The Classroom Teachers responsibilities include:
1. The teacher will use suitable and varied teaching strategies to meet the needs of
2. The teacher will design purposeful assignments that follow the district curriculum
for their particular area in each subject area.
3. The teacher will provide effective classroom management in a safe environment.
4. The classroom teacher will be expected to contribute to the development and
achievement of district goals and school programs through active participation on
building, district, and parent committees.
5. Teachers should display leadership in both school and professional activities
through effective, ethical, positive interpersonal relationships.
6. The classroom teacher’s goal is to provide motivation educational experiences for
every learner to excel and maximize their potential.
7. Developing and presenting lessons with performance objectives that are
understood by the students and are supportive of district goals and teacher
8. Evaluating student progress based primarily on achievement or performance
9. Demonstrating and promoting responsibility and consideration for others.
10. Treating students with courtesy and respect.
11. Maintaining accurate records of students’ attendance and progress that can be
easily understood and readily interpreted by others.
12. Participating cooperatively with fellow staff members in the development and
implementation of curriculum and instruction and other matters.
13. Adhering to district policies and procedures.
14. Attending and participating in departmental, school, and district meetings.
15. Supervising proper use of equipment and facilities with student safety in mind.
16. Acknowledging professional responsibility to support and supervise co-curricular
activities and cooperates with the administration.
17. Promoting community responsibility among students.
18. Supervising students, para-professionals and volunteers in the classroom.
19. Participating and supporting the use of all available specialized services (health,
psychological, counseling) in solving children’s problems and academic needs.
20.Administering achievement tests and other evaluating instruments as required by
the principal and superintendent.
21. Supervising their assigned class or assigned supervisory activity at all times
unless other arrangements have been made with the principal for authorized
personnel to supervise.
22.Providing for the care and proper usage of school property and maintain a current
inventory of equipment and materials assigned to the teacher’s classroom.
23.Reporting to the principal, immediately, any situation that might threaten the
safety and/or health of children.
24.Not releasing any of the children under their supervision to any person, or for any
purpose, unless directly authorized by the building principal or his designee.
25.Keeping parents informed and conferences when necessary.
26.Participating in Student Study Team meetings, IEP meetings, and other curricular
27.Supporting other staff members as professional colleagues.
REPORTS TO: The Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 164 days as per contract