The Assistant Site Director for the After School program
is a non-aligned, non-exempt/hourly position that will report to both the Site Director and the Assistant Director of Expanded Learning. In coordination with these individuals, the Assistant Site Director is responsible for the supporting overall coordination, management and implementation of one designated site of the Burlington School District's After School program. The District's After School program serves over 1500 children K - 12 throughout the district, providing after-school programs and activities that contribute to students' academic achievement, safety and healthy development. In collaboration with the Assistant Director of Expanded Learning, child care partner agencies, school administrators and teachers, the Site Director develops ongoing curriculum and activities that demonstrate best practices in after school programming.The Essential Functions of this position include:
The required education and experience of this position include:Education:
- Plan, supervise and implement programs that support the mission and goals of Burlington Expanded Learning and its funding sources.
- Manage student enrollment process including registration and roster creation using standard systems, procedures, and deadlines as established by the district.
- Hire and supervise instructors as needed.
- Work closely with the school principal, students, families, director, and school staff to integrate programs with the school curriculum and develop programs that support student learning.
- Develop programs that focus on student leadership and student agency
- Ensure program delivery, including program presenters, volunteers, supplies, snacks, transportation, etc.
- Ensure completion of required tracking and reporting requirements in accordance with established deadlines.
- Use after-school program database to develop program brochures, enter students' registration information and maintain records of student attendance, as well as perform all necessary database operations in a timely manner.
- Incorporate outside providers and activities such as field trips into the curriculum.
- Minimum Required: Associates degree or above
- Certification Required: n/a
List Specific Skills And/Or Abilities Required:
- A minimum of three years experience in after-school programs; child care services; teaching, social work or related experience
- Strong organizational, administrative and managerial skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience with and ability to demonstrate best practices in student behavior management
- Ability to communicate effectively across diverse audiences, including school staff, parents and guardians, and co-workers.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience in, team building across organizational lines.
- Proficient in computer applications including data collection and budget management, spreadsheets, email, and internet use.
- Familiar with laws and regulations governing education in Vermont.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Expanded Learning Opportunities - District Salary Range:
Per Hour Shift Type: