Consultant/Coordinator/Instructional Support/ Educational Consultant
Cereal City Science
Open until filled
Battle Creek Public Schools Position: Science Curriculum Developer - Cereal City Science Location: Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center
Salary Range: $70,000 - $72,000 annual
This position will be responsible for all K-8 curriculum development associated with the Cereal City Science product. One of the primary responsibilities is to design, create, validate through a structured review process, and publish K-8 curriculum associated with the Cereal City Science Units and the most current Michigan Department of Education standards [e.g., NGSS]. The Science Curriculum Developer will report to the Director of Business & Operations - Cereal City Science.
- Creates and delivers all science curriculum for Cereal City Science.
- Designs standards-based formative and summative assessments using appropriate testing methods.
- Monitors assessment and course data for accuracy and makes adjustments to increase student learning.
- Researches and incorporates current curriculum trends and keeps abreast of changes in curriculum design.
- Collaborates with other curriculum resources to establish standards-based learning targets for courses.
- Uses various data to make adjustments and revisions to curriculum to increase student learning results.
- Develops and monitors appropriate data collection and reports to monitor performance results.
- Provides assistance and consultation to schools regarding the science kits and STEM curriculum
- Monitors the instructional portion of the Kit Program including the teacher guide revision and audits the program for fidelity.
- Monitors and improves all STEM curriculum associated with Cereal City Science
- Markets, promotes, and is involved in the sale of Cereal City Science Kits
- Demonstrated knowledge of STEM curriculum and best practices that support instructional excellence in the classroom [e.g., NGSS]
- Demonstrated ability to develop, assess and improve curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and develop insightful conclusions for use in development of strategic solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of science curriculum and instructional design for teachers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate using effective collaboration and listening skills with a variety of audiences including teaching staff, professional organizations and students.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings (e.g., newsletters, memos, social media)
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in a STEM environment
- Demonstrated ability to marshal resources, orchestrate multiple activities at once using resources effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to the consumer, understand their needs, develop and deploy training implementation solutions that meet those needs.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and multiple temperature climates. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position - 40 hours per week. Travel
Occasional overnight travel is possible, 3-5 days per month.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Education, Science or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of training related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years teaching experience
- 3+ years curriculum development experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master"s degree in Education, Science or Business Administration
- Strong background in training & professional learning program design and development
- Proven effectiveness in the creation and management of training and professional learning systems
- Demonstrated experience with consulting and coaching teachers
- Demonstrated experience in the construction and promotion of educational instructional materials
- Demonstrated experience with Next Generation Science Standards curriculum
- 2+ years teaching experience with NGSS curriculum
- 5+ years curriculum development experience