23-24 - Doyle - High School District College & Career Coordinator - 1.0 FTEPurpose of Position:
The role of the District College & Career Coordinator: High School is to fulfill the vision and mission outlined in the MMSD Strategic Framework Goal #1: Every child is on track to graduate ready for college, career, and community. This role will provide resources and guidance to ensure there are the leadership, systems, culture, and instruction in place to ensure that every MMSD senior has 1) a high-quality plan to succeed after high school and 2) has attained the knowledge and skills in the MMSD Graduate Vision. Every student can leverage their high-quality plan, knowledge, and skills to design their future success, including a life-sustaining career, and well-being. District College & Career Coordinator: High School is also responsible for fulfilling the legislative requirement to establish Academic & Career Planning for every 6-12 grade student that outlines a clear personalized pathway to graduation, pre-college, early college, and post-high school programming. The District College & Career Coordinator: High School will lead the implementation of the AVID College Readiness System to fidelity and support the high-intensity AVID/TOPS partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach all high schools to meet or exceed the CCCR minimum expectations by
- Supporting school-based staff who support Academic & Career Planning, including designing, coordinating, and facilitating professional learning opportunities.
- Empower sites to draft and execute a high-quality CCCR Implementation Plan
- Support schools to build and continuously improve systems to ensure students have completed all steps in their personalized high-quality post-high school plans.
- Lead the implementation of college and career readiness software (e.g., Xello). Design and facilitate resources and professional learning related to Xello to support high schools.
- Design, facilitate, and coordinate professional learning to support the continuous improvement of AVID/TOPS for all stakeholders in the partnership.
- Support the capacity of the comprehensive high schools to implement the AVID/TOPS partnership with fidelity by
- Developing resources to support the use of AVID strategies.
- Lead the AVID Certification process for high schools
- Empower AVID & TOPS Coordinators and AVID Elective Teachers to implement high-quality AVID tutorials by coaching, coordinating resources, and facilitating professional learning.
- Coach CCCR Teams and AVID/TOPS to create systems, leadership, instruction, and culture to ensure every student is ready for success after high school.
- Participate in school visits, observations, and meetings to build the capacity of schools to support CCCR for all students
- Support the hiring, training, and coaching of AVID Tutors.