Now Hiring School Bus Drivers in Glen Ellyn, IL- $23.50-$28.50/HR Starting Wage, Paid CDL Training & $5,000 Sign-On Bonus! Routes Available Now! Join First Student Glen Ellyn for Walk-In Interviews! Join us Join First Student Glen Ellyn for Walk-In Interviews! Join us Monday - Friday from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm at 22 W760 Poss Street, Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA, 60137. Meet the team and learn more about your future career! There will be an opportunity to fill out an online application and for an on-the-spot interview! No experience necessary! We train! Questions? 630-469-2014 22 W760 Poss Street, Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA, 60137 First thingsFirst: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student
is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join as a School Bus Driver? For many reasons
- $23.50/HR-$28.50/HR starting wage; depending on experience
- $5,000 Sign-on Bonus*
- $500 Referral Bonus*
- No experience necessary! We train!
- Paid CDL training
About the Position
- Hours guarantee
- Paid holidays
- Additional hours available - charter route opportunities!
- Child ride along program
- No nights or weekends
- Join our team of professional drivers dedicated to getting students to and from school safely
- Drivers enjoy the support of our industry leading technology to guide them through their daily routes
- Prioritize vehicle maintenance by conducting pre and post trip vehicle inspections
- Provide support to students by assisting with boarding and exiting the bus
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Be subject to a drug screen and physical
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
*Conditions apply. See location for details. Bonus expires 1/31/2024.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.