Intervention SpecialistAbout IMS:
Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring network of 14 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.Perks of IMS:
Teachers and full-time staff at IMS enjoy ongoing development through coaching, mentorship, and professional development and a benefits package that matches 403b contributions, provides low-cost healthcare, and guarantees paid sick time and personal time.Independence Mission Schools is currently seeking candidates for an open Intervention Specialist position. This position can be Part-Time or Full-Time. Position Responsibilities:
- Assess students and groups of students using multiple data indicators to help determine placement.
- Use data to drive instruction for students to support growth and achievement.
- Monitor the progress of student caseload, maintain records and communicate with teachers.
- Attend and participate in ongoing training sessions, data analysis meetings and workshops.
- Work with a team to help identify the best practices for individual students and groups of students.
- Provide input regarding the development and implementation of an intervention plan.
- Prepare reports for parents, teachers and principals regularly.
- Attends the appropriate training to improve knowledge and skills
- Participate in evaluations of the intervention plan.
- Deep knowledge of Tier 1 and Tier 2 instruction in reading and math.
- Ability to work collaboratively with groups of parents, teachers, school leaders, and students.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to make appropriate recommendations to teachers based upon collected data.
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Show the ability to create and maintain a safe, thriving environment that is conducive to learning.
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- 5-7 years of experience as educator in an elementary and or/middle school setting (K-8 Preferred)
- Experience working with small groups or individualized instruction planning
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
Want to learn more about IMS and our school locations? Please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/schools/