Federal Programs Preschool Instructional Assistant Location
Henrico, VA, US Organization Name
HCPS -Mehfoud Elementary School About Us
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Skyline Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.General Statement of Duties
Provide support services for the classroom preschool teacher.Essential Duties
- Reinforce curriculum through actively interacting with children.
- Participate in the planning and implementing of daily instructional and non-instructional activities for all children
- Actively engage children in the classroom, during lunch and outdoor play.
- Accompany children to the bathroom.
- Assist children with personal needs, when necessary (brushing teeth, washing hands, buttons, zippers, etc.)
- Assist with record keeping, organization, and preparation of materials.
- Communicate classroom needs and concerns to teacher.
- Maintain confidentiality of classroom/child/family information.
- Participate in training and workshops. Maintain a log of these activities.
- Complete required training - (First Aid, CPR, and Child Abuse training).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have a child development associate (CDA) credential; or
- Be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years; and passed the Parapro Assessment; or
- Have an associate or baccalaureate degree (in any area) or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree and passed the Parapro Assessment.
- Be able to follow oral and written directions
- Facilitate small groups of children independent of an immediate supervisor
- Be willing to read/study information which would provide the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job
- Physical requirements to include walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, carrying, kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, flexibility, standing.
The minimum salary, $24,473 ($16.54 per hour) is based on a 204 day assignment, working 7.25 hours per day.
The annual salary for this position will be prorated based upon the official start date. How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy, you must submit a complete online application to include:
- College Transcripts and
- Three (3) signed written references or reference forms https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/3486/HCPS/3158139/References.pdf
If you are unable to upload the documents, you may mail them to:
Henrico County Public Schools
3820 Nine Mile Road - Attn: Human Resources
Henrico, VA 23223
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
EOE/Accommodations Upon RequestMinimum Salary
22618 Maximum SalaryCurrency
USD Main Organization
Public Schools Public Schools Employment Status
Permanent Fulltime Permanent Full-time Amount of TravelWork At Home