To be determined Date Available:
CITY OF CINCINNATI - CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION - OFFICIAL BULLETIN
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM
TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION TO VERIFY YOU MEET THE EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED REJECTED IF YOUR TRANSCRIPT IS NOT DOWNLOADED WITH YOUR APPLICATION NO LATER THAN MONDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
TITLE: Senior Accounting Technician
SALARY RANGE: $24.38 - $28.02 HOURLY
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 2, 2023, 5:00 P.M.
GENERAL STATEMENTS OF DUTIES:
This employee performs clerical and sub professional accounting tasks in support of the financial activities of the Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS); to audit various financial records, procedures and reports; to provide information relating to assigned areas of activities to departments/schools and outside agencies; to provide training and instructions to departments/schools personnel involved in such activities; and to utilize a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED :
(Illustrative only. Any one position within this classification may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all of the tasks which may be performed.)
Maintain ledger information on assigned accounts.
Check ledger amounts for accuracy, correcting inaccuracies.
Reconcile account statements and balances.
Log documents in and out as they flow through processing cycles.
Receive, prepare, and fill-out documents and data entry forms for computer processing.
Validate computer entries and printouts against input forms and submit instructions for correcting errors or making adjustments.
Verify accuracy of financial documents, including vouchers and requisitions.
Check reports, forms, and payments for accuracy, completeness, timeliness and conformance to legal and policy requirements.
Check legality of expenditures and availability of funds.
Verify accuracy of payroll entries.
Prepare, type, word process and proofread a variety of documents, including general correspondence and reports.
Respond to questions from other employees and assist those contacted in the course of duty.
Perform complicated payroll calculations involving standard hours, overtime, sick time, other leave time.
Calculate, understand and process all aspects of payroll.
Perform standard bookkeeping, accounting and auditing duties.
Complete required forms and statements.
May assume duties of absent employees.
Perform related duties as required or as needed.
EXAMPLES OF REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
(Illustrative only. Any one position may not require all of the listed KSAs nor do the listed examples include all the KSAs which may be required)
Generally accepted accounting principles, audit standards and financial information reporting.
Pertinent federal, state and local rules and regulations.
CPS and department policies, procedures, rules, forms used, reports required, etc. relating to assignment areas.
English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Use of a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities, sufficient to train others involved in assigned financial activities areas.
Interpret, apply and explain standard accounting and auditing principles, rules and regulations.
Interpret and explain CPS/department/school policies, procedures and rules as they relate to assigned activities.
Use a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities; train others in such use.
Audit/reconcile various financial reports, bank reconciliation of deposits by departments/schools, etc.
Perform under time constraints and pressure.
Analyze and resolve problems in a logical manner.
Maintain confidentiality of restricted information.
Work independently in absence of supervision.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Perform routine mathematical calculations.
Type/word process at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
Prepare, edit and proofread a variety of documents and correspondence.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
work occasional overtime or other than normal day shift to meet work schedules.
Operate a passenger vehicle.
Operate standard office equipment, including a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities.
Must have an Associate Degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis or major in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related fields, or Must have three years of experience in Accounting and/or payroll experience..
MILITARY EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE EVALUATION
Military education and experience may be substituted for college level course work at the lower and upper division baccalaureate and graduate levels and apprenticeship training at the vocational certificate level on a case by case basis based on the American Council on Education (ACE) Military Guide recommendations.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
Must have a valid driver's license
240 working days
EXAM DETAILS : DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2023 / TIME: TO BE SET / LOCATION : TO BE SET
SUBJECTS AND WEIGHTS OF TEST SECTIONS:
The selection process is worth 100% of the exam grade and consists of a written exam. The passing score will be determined after the examination by the Civil Service Examiner together with the Secretary. Determination of the passing score will be based on the job analysis, analysis of examination results, consultation with subject matter experts or other professional methods. Veteran's points will be added to passing scores.
1. FILING APPLICATIONS: Must be submitted through http://www.cps-k12.org click on Apply for a job with CPS and Online Application System, Internal Postings; Clerical and Office Personnel. Applications must be received no later than stated deadline.
2. QUALIFICATIONS: Unless otherwise stated, work experience requirements must be met by paid experience, and all qualifications must be met by the application deadline date.
3. CITIZENSHIP: Application accepted from both citizens and non-citizens; however, due to the Immigration Reform and Control Act, only citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. will be hired.
4. TRANSCRIPTS: ( IF NEEDED, NO LATER THAN THE DEALINE DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS). PLEASE NOTE: Copies of unofficial versions or internet printouts of transcripts are NOT acceptable.
5. AGE REQUIREMENT: Must be at least 18 years old by the application deadline date.
6. SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR QUALIFIED DISABLED: Such persons may arrange with Margaret Key, Test Analyst at 513-363-0206, no later than the application deadline, for an alternate test date, time or location, or necessary assistance in taking the exam, providing the security or integrity of the exam is not jeopardized nor an undue hardship (e.g., substantial additional cost or time) imposed.
7. VETERAN'S CREDIT: 20% additional credit is given for military service or service as a Red Cross nurse. To qualify, the following requirements must be met EACH TIME an application is filed for an exam; have an honorable discharge or transfer to the reserves with evidence of satisfactory service, OR have been a Red Cross nurse; have served on active duty; and have shoan official document verifying such service (e.g., DD-214), no later than the exam date; and have passed the civil service exam.
8. PASSING SCORE: Will be determined after the exam by the test analyst, subject to review and approval of the City Civil Service Division. Determination of the passing score will be based on the job analysis, analysis of exam results, consultation with subject matter experts, and/or other professional methods.
9. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Applicants for appointment must successfully pass a security investigation which includes a check of employment references and criminal records.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR QUALIFIED PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
"Applications for the Board of Education are considered public records under Ohio's Public Records Act. As a public record, applications maintained by the Board shall be made available to any person requesting to view them"