To be determined Date Available:
CITY OF CINCINNATI - CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION - OFFICIAL BULLETIN
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR CINCINNATI BOARD OF EDUCATION EMPLOYEES ONLY
TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION TO VERIFY YOU MEET THE EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED REJECTED IF YOUR TRANSCRIPT IS NOT DOWNLOADED WITH YOUR APPLICATION AND/OR A RESUME SHOWING YOU MEET THE EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT NO LATER THAN MONDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2023 @ 5:00 P.M.
TITLE : Senior Accounting Technician
SALARY RANGE: $24.38 - $28.02 hourly
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 2, 2023 @ 5:00 PM.
GENERAL STATEMENTS OF DUTIES:
This employee performs clerical and sub professional accounting tasks in support of the financial activities of the Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS); to audit various financial records, procedures and reports; to provide information relating to assigned areas of activities to departments/schools and outside agencies; to provide training and instructions to departments/schools personnel involved in such a actiivities; and to utilize a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities.
WHO MAY COMPETE ON EXAM :
All classified, permanent employees with the Cincinnati Public Schools who meet the qualifications listed below as of Monday, October 2, 2023. IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION THAT TEMPORARY TRANSFER AND/OR PROMOTION TIME WILL NOT BE COUNTED FOR EXAMINATION ELIGIBILITY PURPOSES (CIVIL SERVICE RULE 10, SECTION 2 - 8/3/89).
REQUIRED SERVICE RATING:
Last two out of three performance reviews must be satisfactory.
Must be an Intermediate Accounting Technician OR a Senior Support Specialist / Senior Elementary Support Specialist with three years experience using Buiness Plus OR Must have an Associate Degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis or major in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related fields OR Three years experience in Accounting.and/or payroll experience.
120 working days
EXAMPLES OF REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
Generally accepted accounting principles, audit standards and financial information reporting.
Pertinent federal, state and local rules and regulations.
CPS and department policies, procedures, rules, forms used, reports required, etc. relating to assignment areas
English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Use of a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities, sufficient to train others involved in assigned financial activities areas.
Wage & Hour Law.
Interpret, apply and explain standard accounting and auditing principles, rules and regulations.
Interpret and explain CPS/department/school policies, procedures and rules as they relate to assigned activities.
Use a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities; train others in such use.
Audit/reconcile various financial reports, bank reconciliation of deposits by departments/schools, etc.
Perform under time constraints and pressure.
Analyze and resolve problems in a logical manner.
Maintain confidentiality of restricted information.
Work independently in absence of supervision.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Perform routine mathematical calculations.
Type/word process at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
Prepare, edit and proofread a variety of documents and correspondence.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Work occasional overtime or other than normal day shift to meet work schedules.
Operate a passenger vehicle.
Provide customer friendly service to employees needing assistance with payroll related issues and questions.
Operate standard office equipment, including a PC and related software required in the performance of job activities.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
Must have a valid driver's license.
EXAM DETAILS: Date: Friday, October 20, 2023 / TIME: TO BE SET / LOCATION: TO BE SET
SUBJECTS AND WEIGHTS OF TEST SECTIONS :
The selection process is worth 100% of the exam grade and consists of a written exam. The passing score will be determined after the examination by the Civil Service Examiner together with the Secretary. Determination of the passing score will be based on the job analysis, analysis of examination results, consultation with subject matter experts or other professional methods.
PROMOTIONAL GENERAL INFORMATION
1. ELIGIBILITY: Civil Service promotional exams are open to classified permanent employees only, who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements stated in the announcement. Unclassified and certificated employees are not eligible to participate in these exams.
2. FILING APPLICATIONS: Must be submitted through http://www.cps-k12.org, click on Apply for a job with CPS and Online Application System; Internal Postings; Clerical and Office Personnel. Applications must be received no later than stated deadline.
3. TRANSCRIPTS: ( IF NEEDED, NO LATER THAN THE DEALINE DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS). PLEASE NOTE: Copies of unofficial versions or internet printouts of transcripts are NOT acceptable.
4. ALTERNATE TEST DATE, TIME, LOCATION OR NECESSARY ASSISTANCE IN TAKING THE EXAM: Contact Margaret Key in advance of the test date at (513) 363-0206.
5. PASSING SCORE: The passing score will be determined after the examination by the exam analyst, based on the job analysis, exam result analysis, consultation with subject matter expert, and/or other professional methods.
6. SENIORITY CREDIT: A passing score on the written, oral and/or practical test must be achieved before credits for seniority will be given. A credit of one (1) point for completion of the first four years of creditable service and 0.6 points for completion of each of the next ten (10) years of such service will be added to the total exam grade. A maximum of seven (7) points for seniority for 14 years of creditable service can be added. To receive credit, service must have been continuous and with the City of Cincinnati, the Board, and/or the University of Cincinnati (including General/University Hospital) service up to July 1, 1977, when the University went under State control.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR QUALIFIED PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
"Applications for the Board of Education are considered public records under Ohio's Public Records Act. As a public record, applications maintained by the Board shall be made available to any person requesting to view them"