To ensure quality care and supervision to students in the Head Start, Pre-K, or Pre-School ESE program by assisting the Head Start, Pre-K, or Pre-School ESE Teacher with the day-to-day classroom activities.ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIESMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCESIGNIFICANT CONTACTS-frequency, contact, purposePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSTERMS OF EMPLOYMENTLINK TO JOB DESCRIPTION
- Standard high school diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program.
- Prior experience working with children preferred.
- Achieve a passing score on either the Para Pro AssessmentTest or other officially sanctioned standard tests, which measure required reading and mathematics skills to assist in instructing reading/language arts, writing, and mathematics; or reading readiness, writing readiness, an dmathematics readiness, as appropriate.
- The ability tointeract and communicate effectively with children.
- Computer skills required as needed for the position.
- If additional hours of continuing education are mandated by program funding source they must be obtained within the required timeframe for continuing active employment in the position.
To review the complete job description for this position access the following website: https://www.browardschools.com/Page/36072 and do a search by Job Code. The Job Code for this position is: OO-024SKILLSCOMPETENCIESCERTIFICATIONSLOCATION PREFERENCES/ADDITIONAL INFOR Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $18.82 per hour Calendar: 188B Pay Grade: 11 New Hires will be hired at the minimum of the assigned hourly range. Please Note:
All candidates offered a position at the School Board of Broward County are subject to a national pre-employment background check. Employment is contingent upon the completion and review of a successful background check.
All Applications are Subject to Florida Public Records Law.
Current Employees Sign In to Apply! Internal Employee Career Site