Company DescriptionOrganizational Overview
KIPP North Carolina ("KIPP NC") is a network of eight high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools that provide an academically rigorous and joyous school experience to more than 3,000 students in grades K-12 in Charlotte, Durham, Gaston, and Halifax. KIPP NC supports several thousand alumni on their journey to and through high school, college, and career.
KIPP NC is building on a rich tradition of academic excellence and a relentless fight for social justice that has been present since the founding of both KIPP ENC and KIPP Charlotte in 2001 and 2008, respectively. KIPP ENC is the third oldest KIPP region in the nation. In its 20+ years of operation, KIPP ENC has been a cornerstone for students and families in rural Gaston and Halifax, operating two primary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. Over the past seven years, it has served even more students by opening a middle school in Durham, an urban hub in the central part of the state. KIPP Charlotte, which grew out of the strong traditions and academics of KIPP ENC, has supported students and families for more than a decade, operating one primary school and one middle school in the largest city in North Carolina.
KIPP North Carolina is building upon the successes and experiences of KIPP ENC and KIPP Charlotte to provide inclusive school environments and an educational program that will enable our students to lead full lives and equip graduates to be future leaders and agents of change in North Carolina and beyond. KIPP NC is engaging in direct, anti-racist work, and contributes meaningfully to the dismantling of structures of inequality within our organization, schools, and classrooms. We're committed to expanding our efforts to embed anti-racism in all of our activities and engagements within our classrooms and schools, across our organization, and throughout the state of North Carolina. All of this will be in a tireless effort to create classrooms that are home places for our students, places where they feel safe, loved, validated, seen, and heard places where all their beautiful identities will be affirmed and celebrated, and places where they will learn the academic knowledge and skills needed for college, career, and beyond.Job DescriptionJob Description
As a Part- Time Accounts Payable Associate, you will be an integral part of the Regional Support Team working up to 29 hours per week
. Your primary responsibility will be to manage and oversee the accounts payable functions of KIPP NC. The ideal candidate will be service and detail oriented. Job Responsibilities
\n Accounts Payable
- Review, process, and assign invoices to the appropriate party for approval
- Support school staff in processing and approving invoices
- Support with the coding of credit card transactions
- Support vendors that may need assistance signing up for Bill.com, submitting W9s, or tracking down the status of their invoices
- Perform and document vendor verification for all new vendors
- Acquire and store W9 vendor information for all vendors
- Troubleshoot problems with the support of the Finance and School-based Teams
- Perform data entry to record AP and credit card transactions into KIPP's accounting system
- Support the Accounting Manager in ensuring all AP and CC transactions are accurately recorded within the accounting system
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits
- A deep commitment to the mission and values of KIPP NC.
- Highly detailed-oriented and organized.
- Highly service oriented.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Preferred experience with accounts payable and Bill.com
- Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Hourly rate of $20-30/hr based on years of relevant experience.
- KIPP NC technology equipment, including a laptop.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.