Welcome to Hatboro-Horsham School District!
At Hatboro-Horsham School District we are focused on continually examining our district practices and structures. We advance, promote, and advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion to enhance alignment with the tenets of the whole child. We are committed to creating and maintaining environments in which each student is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. Hatboro-Horsham draws strength from the rich variety of perspectives and life experiences of our community. As an employee of the district, you can anticipate that your meaningful contributions will authentically further the District's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.Position Goal:
To establish and provide learning activities for children in the Child Care Program and foster a safe environment conductive to learning.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Position Specifications:Education Level:
- Plan Program Activities
- Develop staff schedule for activities
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans for student activities
- Develop and implement weakly STEAM activities
- Provide assistance and direction to Assistant Supervisors, and Assistants within the group
- Provide opportunities and activities that develop students' skills in problem solving, responsibility, safety, manners, self-discipline and social and physical skills.
- Establish student behavior expectations
- Communicate through various strategies student performance and progress while maintaining an engaging relationship with parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Complete student developmental checklist two times yearly
- Maintain student records, i.e. attendance, health emergency, etc.
- Implement monthly evacuation drills and maintain a record of the drills
- Record and maintain attendance for students within group
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Participate in 12 hours of in service training
- Participate in Pediatric First Aid Training/ Fire Safety and Water Safety training as needed.
- Provide feedback on Assistant Supervisors and Assistants
- Complete other assignments as designated by the Program Director.
Bachelor's Degree in a Human Service Field or Associates Degree with 15 Credits in a Human Service Field plus one year of experience in a Human Service FieldWork Year:
Part-time position, 10-month, up to 5.5 hours per dayPlease note that the following are a required part of the new hire process:
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- PA State Background Check
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The Supervisor - Child Care will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties requested by the Director of Child Care or designee.
The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the HHSD Director of Personnel of any and all reasonable accommodation that will be required. Hatboro-Horsham School District is an Equal Opportunity Employment, Educational, and Service Organization.
The Hatboro-Horsham School requires all employees to adhere to PA School Code and policies set forth by the School Board, which is an essential function of employment. In addition, regular attendance to work is an essential function of employment.