Minneapolis Public Schools
Invitation to Apply for Superintendent of Schools
The Minneapolis Board of Directors seeks a dynamic and inspirational leader who embraces the mission, vision, and values of the Minneapolis Public Schools. MPS is committed to providing all students, regardless of their background, zip code and personal needs with a high quality, anti-racist, culturally responsive education. The ideal candidate will be a visionary instructional leader, effective communicator, and collaborative manager, with a strong record of accomplishments as a school district leader. In addition, the next MPS superintendent must be able to:
- Foster unity with the community and serve as a healing presence;
- Maintain a visible and active presence in the community, engaging with stakeholders and seeking their input;
- Value the community’s role in decision-making and respects their perspectives, always remembering that the MPS are the community’s schools;
- Remain connected and engaged with staff to understand the administrative and teaching challenges affecting student learning;
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion, addressing inequities and racism in policies, programs, services, facilities, and curriculum; and
- Build strong teams, act with integrity, and relentlessly advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the MPS organization.
Minneapolis Public Schools, located in Minnesota’s largest city, is an urban school district with schools in or near every Minneapolis neighborhood. MPS embraces diversity in its students, staff and programs, working hard to accelerate learning in everything it does. From early childhood education to early college credits and career preparation, MPS promises a safe, welcoming environment in which learners can grow to become confident global citizens. Learn more at mpls.k12.mn.us.
To apply, please complete an online application and submit a resume, letter of interest, three up-to-date letters of reference, proof of appropriate licensure, and complete copies of transcripts at www.bwpassociates.com. All applications and inquires will be treated with the utmost confidentiality allowable under Minnesota law.
A regionally competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Each candidate will be informed of the Board’s selection and appointment of the new Superintendent. The final appointment is the sole responsibility of the School Board.
Applications are due to BWP & Associates by November 5, 2023
BWP & Associates, Ltd.
827 N. Milwaukee Ave, #221
Libertyville, IL 60048
For additional information, contact BWP search consultants:
Kevin Castner 434.531.8171
Steve Griesbach 708.822.8706
Jane Berenz 952.270.1728
Johnnie Thomas 773.469.4249
Applicants are requested not to contact the MPS Board of Directors