Student Support Services/ABA TrainerDate Posted:
SPED Pre-KDate Available:
12/22/2023 All applicants must apply online. Please send letter of interest to Vicki J. Doty, Director of Special Services, firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:
- Provide direct behavior support and behavior training, as instructed by the Certified Behavior Analyst, to assigned students at various schools across the district.
- Work alongside teachers and assistants in both special education and general education classroom to support implementation of behavior support plans/behavior intervention plans.
- Direct behavior support to include redirecting challenging behavior, planned ignoring, functional communication training, gentle guidance/prompting, modeling of good instructional delivery, and implementation of any behavior reduction/replacement behavior interventions recommended by the Certified Analyst.
- Collect data using a variety of data collection methods as determined by the Certified Analyst.
- Understanding of basic behavior analytic principles
- Bi-monthly meetings/training with behavior support staff and supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, Education or a related field and experience working with children with moderate to severe disabilities.
- Strong physical ability to work with children who engage in varying levels of aggressive behavior toward others/self, property destruction, verbal disruption, and/or any level of noncompliance.
- Reliable transportation: Travel required.