AN INVITATION TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
KEARSARGE REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT, NEW HAMPSHIRE
The School Board of the Kearsarge Regional School District, located in the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region of New Hampshire, invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools. The seven represented towns of Bradford, Newbury, New London, Sutton, Springfield, Warner and Wilmot are spread over a broad geographical area of approximately 470 miles. The district lies about thirty minutes northwest of Concord and ninety minutes north of Boston. The region is one of the most naturally beautiful, all-season recreation areas in the Northeast, and is easily accessed by Interstate Route 89.
The District Mission highlights the seven towns, and the seven schools work collaboratively to ensure there is a commitment to working in partnership with families and community to support all learners. This highly desirable PreK-12 school district includes one preschool program, with two locations (ages 3 & 4); four elementary schools (Grades K-5); one middle school (Grades 6-8); and one high school (Grades 9-12). The district supports 1,700 enrolled students.
Some indicators of the district’s commitment to excellence are:
- The average ratio of teachers to students is 1:11
- The average per-pupil cost is $22,000
- 74% of the teaching staff have attained a Master’s Degree or higher
- Advanced technology provided for students and staff
For more information, please visit the district website:
The Superintendent is supported by central office staff members, including: Assistant Superintendent of Schools, Director of Student Support Services, Business Administrator, Director of Human Resources, Director of Technology, Director of Facilities and support personnel.
The next Superintendent of the Kearsarge Regional School District must demonstrate:
- The resourcefulness to promote student performance and development as primary objectives
- The ability to successfully work with a seven-town school board and municipal budget committee
- The capacity to connect collaboratively with district employees
- A transparent approach to increase student, parent, and community involvement
- Outstanding communication skills
- Support of the Mission Statement the Strategic Plan, and highlighting the district’s accomplishments while aligning ideas towards district goals
- Familiarity with capital improvement plans and educational needs alignment
- Knowledge of budgets and financial management and consciousness of fiscal responsibility
- Knowledge of competency-based education and ability to support growth
- A commitment to continuing to lead a well-established district wide Leadership Team and capitalizing on the current success of the district to expand its horizons
Qualified candidates must have strong central office experience combined with a background in public education and building administration. An advanced graduate degree is preferred, and New Hampshire Superintendent certification or eligibility for certification is necessary. The Kearsarge Regional School District offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should contact: Dr. David DeRuosi, Jr., Kearsarge RSD Superintendent Search Consultant, New England School Development Council, 28 Lord Road, Marlborough, MA, 01752; Telephone: 508-481-9444, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the application, please visit www.nesdec.org
It is anticipated that applications will be reviewed beginning October 8, 2023, with interviews scheduled shortly thereafter. The starting date is July 1, 2024