: 2023-24 (Immediate Start) Teaching at Achievement First:
Achievement First invites passionate educators to apply for the position of Special Education Teacher . Teaching at Achievement First is an ideal position for an educator with deep passion for instruction who is eager to gain rigorous development to help perfect their craft. In addition to participating in weekly professional development and team planning meetings, teachers receive consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from a school administrator or teacher-leader. Furthermore, Achievement First has launched Teacher Career Pathway, a systematic, coordinated approach to recognizing and developing our teachers as they progress through five career stages.
These stages were developed to celebrate excellent teachers and are accompanied by increased compensation, recognition and professional development opportunities. Achievement First is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining excellent teachers.
Here, you will be the driver of high-quality instruction that enables our scholars to develop a lifelong love of learning. You will be your students' champion who believes all students are capable of greatness and achievement far beyond what society has been conditioned to accept. You will be a demander of excellence for yourself, and your students, an educator who helps create a vibrant school community where students have the type of powerful school experience that fosters their best and most thoughtful work. Responsibilities of Achievement First Special Education Teachers will include but are not limited to: Outstanding academic achievement and personal development
Professional learning, development and growth
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students to reach ambitious goals.
- Build classroom community by partnering with families to facilitate children's academic success and personal development.
- Utilize data from Achievement First's interim assessments to drive instruction and intervention.
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with grade or subject team.
- Exemplify AF's core values in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
Skills and Characteristics
- Collaborate with coach, grade-level chair and school team to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
- Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings.
- Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal learning and development opportunities.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude.
- Strong belief in the Achievement First mission, core values, and educational model.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
Compensation & Benefits
- Two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 ; Master's degree preferred.
- If your GPA is between 2.75 and 3.0, you may submit additional recommendations to be considered .
- New York, Connecticut or Rhode Island certified or in process of obtaining a certification.
- NY: If you are not yet certified, you may learn more about the process at http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do
- CT: http://www.sde.ct.gov/sde/cwp/view.asp?a=2613&q=321230
- RI: https://ride.ri.gov/teachers-administrators/educator-certification
- Employees at Achievement First are provided with a competitive salary. Our salaries are set through a lens of equity, and based on an individual's skills, education, and years of experience relevant to the role. Special Education Teachers' salaries range from $49,378 - $80,473, based on experience.
- Achievement First is pleased to offer you a signing bonus of $5,000 for this role. The signing bonus is taxable and is subject to all applicable payroll taxes and withholdings.
- As a regular full time employee of Achievement First, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 403(b) retirement benefit package with match and paid Family Leave.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/