Administration/Assistant DirectorDate Posted:
Administrative Services - Fiscal ServicesPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
Assists the CFO in the areas of accounting, budgeting, fixed assets, and purchasing, reporting and auditing of school board accounts. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Monitors revenues and expenditure transactions and ensures monthly balancing between Spotsylvania County Public Schools and Spotsylvania County.
- Prepares and reviews the monthly revenue and expenditure financial reports.
- Monitors monthly grant submission and assists senior financial analyst and/or grant bookkeepers when needed to ensure monthly billings of federal and state grants are maintained and timely.
- Assists in preparation of the annual school board operating budget.
- Assists in the completion of the electronic submission of the superintendent's annual financial report to the Virginia DOE.
- Assists in preparing closing packages for the annual audit.
- Establishes and monitors the fixed asset inventory system, ensuring that assets have been recorded accurately.
- Monitors the monthly accounting reports of the construction fund account.
- Prepares monthly reimbursement requests for construction expense refunds.
- Updates the twenty (20) year debt service payment schedule.
- Performs other duties as required by the Chief Financial Officer or the Superintendent.
Experience (number of years required):
- Knowledge of school/county joint financial operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of centralized accounting systems, preferably Munis accounting software.
- Ability to create and present computerized presentations.
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheet software.
Candidate must have five (5) years financial experience. Education:
Candidate must possess a degree in business, finance, or accounting and/or CPA preferred. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12 -month agreement, minimum of 7.5 hours per day) SALARY RANGE:
Salary range begins at $116,204