Provides differentiated instruction using research-based practices to assist students in acquiring knowledge, skills and strategies that will enable them to become proficient readers and writers. Plans and delivers intervention services to identified students based on specific goals and objectives established by Chesterfield County Public Schools and the Commonwealth of Virginia. Essential Job Functions
- Plans and delivers appropriate intervention for identified students.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the classroom teacher and literacy specialist to effectively plan appropriate intervention lessons to meet the needs of identified students.
- Uses the district curriculum and resources to plan differentiated reading instruction which complements the core curriculum.
- Uses assessment data to plan and deliver instruction to meet individual student needs.
- Assesses and documents student learning on an ongoing basis, revises instruction to meet group and/or individual needs, and communicates progress in a timely manner
- Attends workshops and participates in professional development opportunities to enhance instructional practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides periodic reports as requested.Equipment Operation:
Operates personal computer, basic office equipment and equipment related to education.Contacts:
Teachers, Administrators, Parents, Reading Specialists, Elementary Language Arts Specialist, Elementary Language Arts Teacher Consultant, Elementary Language Arts CoachesWork Direction/Supervision:
Decisions are made with the building administrators, Elementary Language Arts Instructional Specialist, literacy specialist and teachers regarding intervention services under the guidelines of CCPS policy and procedures.Formal Policy-Setting Responsibilities:
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to use a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear, understand speech and speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly at normal levels indoors and on the telephone. Physical agility to bend, stoop, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead. May be required to lift boxes and other materials up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The employee regularly works in a school environment. The noise level is quiet to moderate.Qualifications
Extensive knowledge of the concepts, principles, methodologies and current researched-based practices in the area of language arts. Considerable knowledge of Virginia Standards of Learning and available state and local resources. Working skill in the use of media and technology to support job functions. Demonstrated ability to assess, monitor and use data to differentiate instruction. Demonstrated ability to organize, schedule and monitor program effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in decision-making, problem analysis and interpersonal relationships. Demonstrated ability to use and access a wide variety of materials to support instruction. Requirements
Must hold a valid Virginia Teaching license with an endorsement in Elementary Education (PreK-6) and have three to five years of successful full-time teaching experience. A Master's degree and an additional endorsement as a Reading Specialist is preferred.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.