Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Associate Educator - Interventionist - Bethune (PreK-5) (2023-2024) 2 Positions Available
and Requisition ID number: 99013
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Bethune Elementary (10000011)
Site: Bethune (0107)
FTE: 1.0FTE - 40 hours/week (41 weeks)
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Paraprofessional
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Associate Educator InterventionistSummary of Position: The Interventionist Associate Educator is responsible for delivering/supporting Tier 2 and Tier 3 district identified Math and Literacy Interventions to students who have been identified using the MTSS model. The Interventionist Associate Educator will work closely with the Elementary Interventionist in their building.Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Participate in team-based processes that include building administrator(s) and teachers to review the identified students who need intervention, match interventions to students' needs, communicate with parents, and evaluate students' progress.
- Use district- approved interventions and provide direct instruction to students.
- Record and analyze progress-monitoring data within eduCLIMBER to determine whether students are making adequate progress and when to continue, intensify, or discontinue an intervention.
- Routinely collaborate with classroom teachers and families about student progress.
- Attend district facilitated professional development sessions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of MTSS
- Preferred knowledge of MN ELA and Mathematics Standards
- Ability to collaborate with all adults in the building regarding instructional strategies for students.
- Ability to administer district approved assessments in both literacy and mathematics
- Experience in and knowledge of equity principles and cultural competencies of academic standards and the district's mission, goals, programs, and curriculum and sites (ie: Best practices PD by Indian Education or PD with OBSA)
- 2 years of professional experience working with K-5 students
- Associate's degree or higher in Education or closely related area
- Completed 90 quarter or 60 semester college credits from an accredited institution
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.