The Part-Time Adjunct Cyber Communications Teacher supports full-time teachers in the education of students in a virtual environment. This individual grades student work, providing constructive feedback in a timely manner. In addition, the Adjunct Teacher may host online tutoring and instructional sessions with individuals and small groups of students. We are currently seeking teachers with a valid Michigan certification in Communications. Multiple certifications are a plus. This part-time position has the potential (but not requirement) for up to 30 hours a week.
- Create a positive learning environment for students.
- Work with students to identify areas in need of additional support and provide instruction and support to students in those areas.
- Grade and track completed online tasks and test scores
- Provide thoughtful and constructive feedback on student work.
- Strict adherence to a 72-hour grading turn-around time.
- Report missing assignments, low essay grades and plagiarized work to students, parents and school district on a weekly basis.
- Attend monthly online meeting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills in online education.
- Ability to learn new technology skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Persuasive skills that encourage students to complete assignments.
- Ability to raise and maintain expectations related to student performance.
- Professional and courteous demeanor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Valid Michigan teaching certification in Communications required; multiple certifications a plus.
- Evidence of at least 30 hours of professional development that demonstrates online teaching competency.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of online instruction is essential.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience in K-12 public school setting.
- Experience tutoring or working with students in a one-on-one setting.
- Experience in online instruction strongly preferred.