Doyle - Middle School DLI Teacher Leader (Spanish-English) - 1.0 FTE Doyle Administration Building
MMSD is seeking highly motivated and energetic teacher applicants for openings for the 2023-2024 school year. The Madison Metropolitan School District actively seeks and encourages women and candidates of color to apply.
Becoming a Model School District
The Madison Metropolitan School District has a simple but bold vision - that every school will be a thriving school that prepares every student to graduate from high school ready for college, career and community. We know that vision doesn't come to life without the very best leaders throughout our district. Our strategy is captured is our strategic framework, and centers on three major goals: that all children achieve academically, that our schools are places where children and adults thrive, and that our Black youth excel at school. We have made major gains and are more resolved than ever to build on our progress.
We know this vision doesn't come to life without dynamic leaders in every school. For more information on our teacher screening and selection process, please visit our TEACH Madison webpage.
About Our District
The Madison Metropolitan School District is the second largest school district in Wisconsin. The district serves a beautifully diverse population of more than 27,000 students. More than half are students of color. Almost half come from low income households. Nearly one third are English Language Learners, and more than 100 languages are represented in our schools. Madison schools are committed to making this district a place where every child thrives.
Purpose of Position:
The DLI Middle School Teacher Leader (Spanish-English) is part of a 6-12 Team in the Department of Curriculum & Instruction who works collaboratively to promote coherent standards-based instruction and assessment in DLI courses with connections across disciplines (disciplinary literacy). Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prioritize support with a commitment to excellence with equity and a sense of urgency towards removing systemic and historic barriers to equitable education.
- Provide leadership in the development, selection, articulation, and implementation of curriculum, assessments, interventions, tools, and resources that are vertically and horizontally aligned to the Common Core State Standards en espanol, Common Core State Standards for Literacy, disciplinary literacy standards, and college and career readiness standards.
- Develop and deliver professional development to support teachers, interventionists, and other school staff on using data to strengthen instructional planning and classroom instruction to meet students' needs.
- Provide support to schools through professional development, coaching support, and use of data for decision making within a multi-tiered system of support.
- Utilize engagement and collaboration strategies to strategically align resources to support student and family needs, engage them in culturally responsive ways, and develop collaborations to disrupt the systems and structures that have historically excluded our marginalized families and students.
- Participate in activities that promote district priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership in Professional Development.
- Leadership in Curriculum Development and Implementation.
- Leadership in Facilitating Groups / Teacher Teams.
- Leadership in Coaching.
- Data Proficiency.
- Family and Community Engagement.
- Self Awareness.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities to perform essential job functions:
- Spanish proficiency per MMSD language assessment.
- Teacher Certifications in K-8 General Education and Bilingual-Bicultural Education required
- Additional ESL Teacher Certification (DPI license 1395) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Literacy and experience planning assessment for learning with these standards
- Minimum of three years classroom teaching experience in secondary setting
- Demonstrated alignment to MMSD vision and core values and ability to support staff with anti-racist, culturally responsive and inclusive teaching
- Coaching experience or other leadership experience in working with teachers to develop and implement standards-based curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices
- Must follow the district LETRS, QTEL, and AVID training plans
Preferred fluency in Spanish