Elementary School TeachingDate Posted:
Flint Cultural Center Academy
: 2023/2024 School Year
Professional Development to begin early August 2023 QUALIFICATIONS
: Key Job Responsibilities
Characteristics of Successful Candidates Required
- Build a classroom culture in which students love learning and love coming to school.
- Positive student/teacher relationship matter most at FCCA.
- With the rest of the faculty and staff, commit to growing in the individual and collective implementation and application of the EL Education Core Practices.
- Develop strong relationships with families, welcoming their support and encouraging investment in their child's education and formation.
- Use individual and group student performance information to make instructional adaptations that ensure non-normative gains for each student.
- Work alongside educators from the Cultural Center institutions to build a cohesive campus-wide culture that demonstrates collaboration by adults focused on the maximum benefit for students.
- Be highly qualified and certified to teach in the State of Michigan and possess the necessary educational background and certification for the position as determined by the FCCA. Specific subject area expertise preferred.
- A valid State of Michigan ZG certification with subject area endorsement. Preferred for upper elementary middle level.
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership.
- Be willing to participate in a variety of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities including staff development and curriculum development.
- Be a person of demonstrated high character, with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Have experience demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have teaching experience with a proven record of accelerating student growth.
- Have experience working with urban youth and youth with disabilities.
- Have experience in an educational setting that shares a similar philosophy with FCCA, or willingness to embrace a new teaching style.
- Have experience with the MTSS.
- Possess knowledge of EL Education principles.
- Demonstrate mental/physical ability and stamina for meeting the requirements of the position.
: Starting salary $46,807 with full family health/dental/ivison coverage DIRECT SUPERVISOR
: School CEO/Principal *In completing your application, you will be asked to develop and submit a cover letter that accompanies your resume. Please use your cover letter to explain your qualification for the position in detail. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
The FCCA reserves the right to select the person it believes will be the most successful in this position and will be the greatest benefit to the school.
The Flint Cultural Center Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The person designated to handle any questions and/or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policy of the Flint Cultural Center Academy is school CEO, Eric Lieske, 1200 Robert T. Longway Blvd., Flint, MI 48503 (810-339-8750).