Under direction of the school principal and the Athletic Director/or appropriate supervisor/ Administrator, Individuals will be available three hours each day during the entire season.
This position is contingent upon the following
Salary Rate Range:
- Preference will be given to internal/school based staff and co-op school staff.
- Successful recruitment of team members and ability to field a team for practice and game conditions.
- Proper physical conditioning related to the sport during practice sessions.
- Successful completion of the interscholastic season
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
10% of Teacher Salary Scale: Everything but football
15% of Teacher Salary Scale: Football EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE RIDE Requirements:
Must be certified in accordance with the new RIIL Coaching Permit Requirements DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
Teach fundamentals and skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS
- Organize practice sessions.
- Keep records and report results to local media.
- Provide Principal and Athletic Director an outline of a general practice session.
- Conduct coaches meetings and assign coaches responsibilities.
- Provide for care and prevention of injuries.
- Conform to all rules established by the Principal's Committee on Athletics and perform duties in accordance with the Providence School Department Athletic Handbook.
- Teach rules and regulations of the sport.
- Display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Responsible for the issuing, maintaining, and collecting of equipment.
- Prepare team budget.
- Recruitment of players and advancement of the sport.
- BA in education or related field preferred but not required.
- Have current CPR/First Aid Certification in possession (required)
- Principles of Coaching.
- Psychology of Coaching.
- Athletic Training (Prevention and care of athletic injuries).
- Bio-mechanics (Analysis and understanding of human movement).
- Previous playing and coaching experience preferred.
- Dedication to the service of youth and ability to gain and hold the respect of team members.
This position is not eligible for benefits.