Posting of VacancyPreK Teacher 2023-2024 School YearEast Falmouth SchoolQualifications
- Massachusetts licensure in Early Childhood - specifically PreK - 2.
- SEI Endorsement, preferred.
- Coursework in the teaching of skills subjects, especially reading.
- Special interests or talents in cultural or recreational areas.
- Experience teaching at the early childhood level preferred.
- Such other alternatives as the Superintendent of Schools may deem acceptable and appropriate.
- Pre-School/Kindergarten Tools of the Mind experience preferred.
- Develop daily and long-range plans for each course taught relating them to the needs of the children.
- Implement a variety of teaching techniques to ensure student achievement and engagement.
- Offer learning activities that take into consideration the individual differences in children.
- Exercise appropriate classroom control that helps children grow in their ability to become self-disciplined and able to accept reasonable external control.
- Manage effectively the routines of classroom operations and maintain, with student help, an attractive and healthful classroom.
- Evaluate classroom activities on a daily and long-range basis in respect to educational goals.
- Foster warm, close, yet productive relationships with students and pleasant, cooperative relationships with staff members.
- Develop and implement curriculum objectives based on the learning standards of the curriculum frameworks.
- Assume necessary supervisory responsibilities when required.
- Cooperate with principal and/or staff in extra-curricular activities.
- Such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal and/or Director of Early Childhood.
: In accordance with FEA contract Unit AApplication
: Internal Applicants please apply until filled to:
Falmouth Public Schools
#EF-Prek-Teach24-2 Lori Duerr, E.d. Superintendent of SchoolsPOSTING START DATE: 05/23/2023EOE: The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.