Elementary School Teaching/Physical EducationDate Posted:
Flint Cultural Center Academy
2023/2024 School Year
Paid Pre-Service training to begin in early August 2023 QUALIFICATIONS:
Key Job Responsibilities
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
- Build a classroom culture in which students love learning and love coming to school.
- With the rest of the faculty and staff, commit to growing in the individual and collective implementation and application of the EL Education Core Practices.
- Develop strong relationships with families, welcoming their support and encouraging investment in their child's education and formation.
- Work alongside educators from the Cultural Center institutions to build a cohesive campus-wide culture that demonstrates collaboration by adults focused on the maximum benefit for students.
- Engage students in physical activity and healthy living awareness.
- Set a positive example and serve as a role model for students on teamwork, sportsmanship and strong character.
- Must possess excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to accept and apply feedback to improve performance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attendance history and strong work ethic.
- Must support the school's goals, mission, and values
- Be highly qualified?and certified to teach in the State of Michigan and possess the necessary educational background and certification for the position as determined by the FCCA.
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership.
- Be willing to participate in a variety of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities including staff development and curriculum development.
- Be a person of demonstrated high character, with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Have experience demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
: Per FCCA matrix, but starting salary will be no less than $45,444 and full health/dental and vision benefits. Depending on successful teaching experience a higher salary may be granted. DIRECT SUPERVISOR:
? School CEO/Principal
APPLICATION PROCEDURE:?To join the Flint Cultural Center Academy team, please click on the red "Apply" link and complete the application instructions.
*In completing your application, you will be asked to develop and submit a cover letter that accompanies your resume. Please use your cover letter to explain your qualification for the position in detail. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
The FCCA reserves the right to select the person it believes will be the most successful in this position and will be the greatest benefit to the school.
The Flint Cultural Center Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information?or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The person designated to handle any questions and/or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policy of the Flint Cultural Center Academy is school CEO, Eric Lieske, 1200 Robert T. Longway Blvd., Flint, MI 48503 (810-600-9550).