Assists with the planning, assessment, instructional leadership, communication, community relations, and safety and administrative management required to manage the instructional and special programs, organization, and facilities of an assigned elementary school (grades K-6).Location:
Fort Hunt Elementary School
Assistant Principal, Elementary School (Fort Hunt)Contract Length:
220-Day ContractSalary Grade
[Salary Information] :
School-based Administrator Scale/Grade 002Closing Date:
- Master's degree.
- Five (5) years of progressively more responsible elementary school level experience in teaching and leadership, or equivalent experience.
- Must hold or be eligible for a postgraduate educational license.
- Must hold or be eligible for endorsement(s) as an elementary principal or in administration and supervision PreK-12.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of modern public elementary school education and an ability to apply them to the needs of the school.
- Knowledge of current elementary school curriculum and instructional practices and trends.
- Knowledge of public school organization and administration and the support activities required.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate appropriate instructional and operational support programs.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Assistant Principal, Elementary SchoolSchool Year: