Cafeteria Manager - RSES Nutritional Services
- Eagle County School District
- Eagle, CO, US
- Job Category
- Administrator, Supervisor / Manager, Support Staff, Nutrition / Food Services
Red Sandstone Elementary School
35 Hours per week
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 21.40% employer contribution to your PERA retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave, tuition reimbursement, free CMC credits, amongst others. For full time employees
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.46 - $23.35 per hour
POSITION SALARY RANGE: $19.46 - $31.14 per hour
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Organize and plan daily production of designated lunch program, ensure compliance with all state regulations for the National School Lunch Program and sanitation and safety, and supervise day-to-day operations of cafeteria staff.
SUPERVISED BY: Nutritional Services Area Operations Manager
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: Cooks
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Supervise school lunch program and train food service staff at assigned school.
- Assist in recruiting, disciplining and evaluating food service staff at assigned school.
- Plan daily production schedule for the school lunch program so that quality meals are served on a consistent basis; without excess waste and/or insufficient production to meet meal count demands.
- Participate in the preparation of food for the school lunch program based on the Food Service Department goals, Colorado Department of Education requirements, and cost effective utilization of resources.
- Delegate work to staff so that food is served in a timely, friendly manner.
- Standardize recipes when necessary for proper number of servings and compliance with National School Lunch Program.
- Make oral and written suggestions for the modification and improvement of recipes and improvement of student participation.
- Regulate portions consistent with the standards/directives set by the National School Lunch Program.
- Operate a computer for the following food service functions.
- Updating and maintaining accurate free, reduced, and paid student status records in accordance with Colorado Department of Education requirements.
- Cashiering for the point-of-sale transactions with efficiency and accuracy so that students are served as quickly as possible.
- Updating student account data and maintaining accurate account information.
- Producing accurate operational reports.
- Complete menu worksheets in accordance with Colorado Department of Education requirements.
- Complete biweekly inventory for both perishable and non-perishable stock.
- Prepare perishable and non-perishable food order for the school lunch program.
- Deposit daily revenue at local bank and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain high standards of sanitation in all work practices according to state and local health department manuals, including food handling and storage. Ensure food is served at the proper temperature for food safety.
- Maintain a healthy and attractive kitchen and lunch room environment.
- Meet the demands of the food rvice operation with flexible work schedule and location.
- Operates and supervises the, cleaning and maintenance of all manual and/or automated kitchen equipment such as ovens, grills, toasters, food processors, slicers, dishwasher, and steamers.
- Report any problems to the Operations Manager with a maintenance work request.
- Is friendly and tactful to all customers (students, teachers, parents, co-workers) in all situations of communication on a consistent basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
School staff and students, public and vendors.
- Have ServSafe Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow written and verbal instructions as normally acquired through completion of high school diploma/GED.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations and operate computer-cashiering system, as well as maintain accurate student data via computer.
- 2 years of experience in quantity food production and preparation with 6 months supervisory experience.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
Red Sandstone Elementary
$19.46 - $23.35 / Per Hour
Serving Pre-K through 12th grade students, Eagle County School District is an innovative district of 830 professionals engaging nearly 7,000 students. Our vision is to prepare all of our students to be global-ready graduates, who will be successful in their careers or college experience and contribute to their communities in positive and effective ways. The District benchmarks international top performing schools to model practices that lead to success for all students. We believe that the only way to improve learning outcomes for students is through better instruction. Consequently, we focus our efforts on an instructional core of educators, learners, and standards. All actions, initiatives, and efforts are viewed through this lens with the expectation that they must shape one of these three tenets in order to be effective.
PO Box 740
Apply for Cafeteria Manager - RSES Nutritional Services
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert