Clerical - Inventory/Receiving/ Mailroom
- Providence School District
- Providence, RI, US
- Job Category
- Support Staff, Secretarial / Clerical
DEPARTMENT/OFFICE: Central Supply Warehouse
LOCATION: Administration Building / Warehouse
HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Group 4 12 Month 1339 Union Position
THIS POSITION REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE Supervisor of the Central Supply Warehouse
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Must have passed the appropriate clerical test
High School Diploma or GED Diploma required
College degree from an accredited educational institution preferred
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
Roles & Responsibilities
You must be physically able to perform tasks which, at times, will require lifting and carrying of heavy equipment and packages, as much as 60lbs. This position requires a valid RI driver's license.
- Responsible for the receiving and distribution of all supplies, technology and materials delivered to the administration building/warehouse.
- Confirm receipt of goods by checking packing slips with purchase orders.
- Take physical inventories daily.
- Responsible for sorting, assembling orders, packaging and arranging transferals between departments.
- Initiate follow-up on discrepancies in shipments whenever required.
- Notify Supervisor immediately of any discrepancies in shipments received.
- Complete FAI sheets and input required data in IT reports.
- Engraving and marking of equipment/ items valued over $250.
- Assemble and breakdown of testing material. i.e., Assessments/PPE.
- Prepare equipment for salvage, recycling and disposal at the warehouse when required.
- Assist in loading packages, materials and/or technology to be distributed to other buildings in the district.
- Sorting and delivery of mail and packages to and from all administrative offices and to other locations.
- Operates postage meter, including allocator and scale for First Class, bulk and other classes of US mail.
- Perform the end of the month expenditure report.
- Responsible for maintaining sufficient postage at all times.
- Call the company when service is needed on the postage machine and postage meter.
- Prepare packages for United Parcel Service and Federal Express, packages labels and tracking, etc.
- Sign and receive packages for the receiving room.
- Assist in any aspect of the departments operations whenever necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Central Supply.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS
- High School Diploma or GED Diploma required
- College degree from an accredited educational institution preferred
- Must have passed the appropriate clerical test
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Appropriate skills and/or knowledge of computers or willing to be trained
- Proficient, or willing to attain proficiency, in various software applications used to maintain electronic records including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Excel and Word)
- Adept in the use of standard office equipment, including facsimile, copiers, calculators, telephone system and desktop computer
- Good telephone/communication skills
- Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
- Commitment to the mission and vision of PPSD and the relevance of job functions to that mission and vision
- Must be physically able to perform tasks which, at times, may require lifting and carrying of heavy equipment and/or mail packages to all designated areas interoffice and outside mail as much as 60 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret basic operating instructions.
- Must have knowledge of basic mathematics as well as an understanding of fractions and decimal placements for dollars and cents.
In addition to meeting the education, training, and experience standards:
- Must possess a valid RI driver's license
- Must possess and consistently model excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
We serve approximately 22,000 students at 37 elementary, middle, and high schools. Approximately 55% of students come from homes where English is not the primary language spoken. Combined, our students and families speak over 55 different languages and hail from 91 countries of origin. In PPSD, the teachers and leaders set high expectations for academic achievement, provide equal access to differentiated instruction, and endeavor to close the achievement and opportunity gap among historically marginalized subgroups within the schools. PPSD is a great place for those who desire an environment that supports their creativity and ingenuity, and respects their credentials and abilities as a teacher.
797 Westminster Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert