Teacher, Secondary (Social Studies) (2023-2024)
- School District of Indian River County
- Vero Beach, FL, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Social Studies Teacher
- Grade Level
- High School
Sebastian River High
Knowledge of child growth and development and especially of characteristics of
students/children in the age group assigned. Knowledge of prescribed curriculum. Basic
understanding and knowledge of current technology. Knowledge of learning styles and skill in
using varied teaching methods. Knowledge of current trends, research and best practices related
to education. Knowledge of School Board policies and practices as they relate to teaching.
Ability to handle problems, concerns and emotional distress with sensitivity and tact. Ability to
communicate orally and in writing with students, parents, and others. Ability to plan, establish
priorities and implement activities for maximum effectiveness. Ability to assess levels of student
achievement effectively, analyze test results, and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to
maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment
in which to learn. Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators and others. Knowledge
of Florida Educator Accomplished Practices and Teacher Competencies.
To provide an educational experience in which students move toward the fulfillment of
their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth and
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid Florida teacher certification in appropriate area.
3. Must meet the No Child Left Behind Act regulations and requirements.
4. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.
Salary Information: Instructional. One hundred ninety-six days worked per year (10 months). FLSA Exempt.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.
The School District of Indian River County is located approximately halfway down the east coast of Florida. Centrally located 75 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center and 135 miles north of Miami, our 543 square miles contain beautiful beaches, immaculate ocean and river front communities, and endless groves of renowned Indian River oranges and grapefruits. Our district has 13 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 2 high schools, one alternative education center, one technical college, one exceptional student education school, and 5 charter schools.
Vision: Educate and inspire every student to be successful
Mission: To serve all students with excellence
Core Values...We believe:
- It is our responsibility to empower every child to learn
- In the continuous improvement process
- In holding all individuals within the organization accountable for their decisions and actions
- In the power of the human spirit
- In honesty and integrity in all relationships
- Diversity adds value to the organization
- Students are the focus of all decisions and actions
- Family and community involvement are essential to student success
- In a safe, healthy, and supportive learning and working environment
In effective and efficient management of all resources
6500 57th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert