Teacher, ESE (ED/VE) (2023-2024)
- School District of Indian River County
- Vero Beach, FL, US
Ability to develop and implement an Individual Education Plan (IEP). Knowledge of child
development and especially of characteristics of students with disabilities. Knowledge of the
prescribed curriculum. Knowledge of current educational research relating to the education
and training of children with disabilities. Basic understanding and knowledge of current
technology. Skill in using varied teaching and communication methods to address student
needs. Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Ability to plan and implement activities
for maximum effectiveness. Ability to assess levels of student achievement effectively, analyze
test results and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to maintain appropriate student
supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn. Ability to
work effectively with peers, administrators and others. Knowledge of the laws, policies and
procedures relating to the education of students with handicapping conditions and of the
adaptive devices, techniques, therapies, and medical procedures required. Knowledge of
Florida Educator Accomplished Practices and Teacher Competencies.
To provide instruction in an appropriate setting in accordance with the Individual
Education Plan (IEP) to meet the needs of students.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid Florida teacher certification in appropriate area.
3. Must meet the No Child Left Behind Act regulations and requirements.
4. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.
Salary Information: Instructional. One hundred ninety-six days worked per year (10 months). FLSA Exempt.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.
The School District of Indian River County is located approximately halfway down the east coast of Florida. Centrally located 75 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center and 135 miles north of Miami, our 543 square miles contain beautiful beaches, immaculate ocean and river front communities, and endless groves of renowned Indian River oranges and grapefruits. Our district has 13 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 2 high schools, one alternative education center, one technical college, one exceptional student education school, and 5 charter schools.
Vision: Educate and inspire every student to be successful
Mission: To serve all students with excellence
Core Values...We believe:
- It is our responsibility to empower every child to learn
- In the continuous improvement process
- In holding all individuals within the organization accountable for their decisions and actions
- In the power of the human spirit
- In honesty and integrity in all relationships
- Diversity adds value to the organization
- Students are the focus of all decisions and actions
- Family and community involvement are essential to student success
- In a safe, healthy, and supportive learning and working environment
In effective and efficient management of all resources
6500 57th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert