Instructional Coach (Math) (2023-2024)
- School District of Indian River County
- Vero Beach, FL, US
Knowledge of federal and state laws, State Board of Education rules, and School Board policies applicable to
assigned responsibilities. Broad knowledge of content area skills and progression of learning. Knowledge and
ability to assist teachers in the design of lessons in content disciplines. Ability to work effectively with peers,
administrators, and others. Ability to provide effective professional development for teachers by giving them
the additional support needed to implement various instructional programs and practices. Ability to collaborate
with others to develop a common approach to teaching. Expertise to facilitate team meetings, PLC's
(Professional Learning Communities) and other professional development opportunities for teachers.
Knowledge of best practices and ability to analyze and model lessons. Ability to use cognitive and instructional
coaching techniques to develop teacher capacity. Knowledge of child growth and development and especially
of characteristics of students/children in the age group assigned. Knowledge of prescribed curriculum. Basic
understanding and knowledge of current technology. Knowledge of learning styles. Ability to use varied
teaching methods. Knowledge of current trends, research, and best practices related to education. Ability to
handle problems, concerns, and emotional distress with sensitivity and tact. Ability to communicate orally and
in writing with students, parents, and others. Ability to plan, establish priorities and implement activities for
maximum effectiveness. Ability to assess levels of student achievement effectively, analyze test results and
data, and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to maintain appropriate e student supervision so that
students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
An instructional coach supports teachers by providing ongoing professional development,
supporting growth in instructional effectiveness, and assisting teachers in applying new knowledge
in the assigned area of content support.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of three (3) years
successful K-12 teaching experience. Master's Degree preferred.
2. Valid Florida teacher certification in assigned area of content support. Certification or
endorsement in reading is required for coaches who provide literacy/reading support.
3. ESOL Certification or Endorsement preferred.
4. Demonstrated success as a teacher with a strong background in instruction as evidenced by
substantial learning gains, including work with at-risk students.
5. Experience in presenting educational training programs and professional development.
6. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.
Salary Information: Instructional. One hundred ninety-six days worked per year (10 months). FLSA Exempt.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.
The School District of Indian River County is located approximately halfway down the east coast of Florida. Centrally located 75 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center and 135 miles north of Miami, our 543 square miles contain beautiful beaches, immaculate ocean and river front communities, and endless groves of renowned Indian River oranges and grapefruits. Our district has 13 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 2 high schools, one alternative education center, one technical college, one exceptional student education school, and 5 charter schools.
Vision: Educate and inspire every student to be successful
Mission: To serve all students with excellence
Core Values...We believe:
- It is our responsibility to empower every child to learn
- In the continuous improvement process
- In holding all individuals within the organization accountable for their decisions and actions
- In the power of the human spirit
- In honesty and integrity in all relationships
- Diversity adds value to the organization
- Students are the focus of all decisions and actions
- Family and community involvement are essential to student success
- In a safe, healthy, and supportive learning and working environment
In effective and efficient management of all resources
6500 57th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert