- Hamilton County Department of Education
- Hixson, TN, United States
- Job Category
- Support Staff
Pending approval of the SY24 CFA by TDOE and HCS Board.
Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is working to ensure that all students thrive and experience a future without limits. We are committed to excellence for every student and are seeking outstanding leaders, teachers, support staff, and district employees who desire to make a difference in the lives of students. With nearly 75 schools, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
Learn more about working for Hamilton County Schools at careers.hcde.org and get to know us and our strategic plan, Opportunity 2030.
To provide small group and/or individual instruction in academic content areas. To provide interventions as needed in non-academic areas such as graduation rate, behavior and attendance.
Hixson Elementary is a K-5 school located in Hixson, TN, just north of Chattanooga. We are committed to making Hamilton County one of the fastest improving schools in the state of Tennessee. For the 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2021-2022 school years, we earned Reward and Level Five school status.We have also received the Governor's Civics Seal Award for the 2021-2022 school year. Our teachers are collaborative, dedicated, energetic, and hold high expectations for our students.
We are proud to serve as the school for the deaf for elementary students in Hamilton County, which also includes a PreK Deaf Ed class. We have two full time ESOL teachers who meet the needs of our English Language Learners, two district Behavior Classes, a full-time bilingual Parent Coordinator, and a full-time School Counselor. We have a diverse student body which allows our young people the opportunity to build relationships with others.
We are looking for teachers who are able to be an effective member of a team, are willing to share ideas and be creative, and are willing to go above and beyond to serve our children! When adding teachers to our team we also look for someone who is reliable, positive, receptive, and willing to be a lifelong learner.
We are thankful for our community partners who offer opportunities to enrich the whole child. Our students participate in Basketball, Operation Get Active (Soccer), The Good News Club, Strings, and after school tutoring.
- Provides supplemental instruction and support to selected students.
- Attends training in the appropriate model(s) implemented in the school.
- Keeps accurate records of student work and interventions provided.
- Provides classroom teacher(s) and/or administration with regular progress reports on students.
- Follows established procedures to ensure assigned areas are safe.
- Works collaboratively with administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Attends work and arrives to work on time.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to the Teacher Code of Ethics as defined by Tennessee Law.
- Complies with accounting and financial policies and procedures involving the handling of money and property, as well as other Board policies.
- Uses computers and other technology to enter and access information related to essential job functions.
- May operate a motor vehicle to conduct various work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must currently hold or have held a valid teaching license from one of the 50 states.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal effectively with students and staff.
- $25 per hour
Hamilton County Schools, located in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, is hiring, supporting, and retaining outstanding top teaching talent. We are the fastest improved district in Tennessee and have a goal to become the best. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
Why Join our Team?
New Teacher Support: With our progressive three-year induction program for new teachers, you will have the following supports:
- New Teacher Academy
- First Year Mentor & Supportive Professional Development
- Whole-Teacher/Well-Teacher (wellness & mindfulness training)
Leadership Opportunities: Grow your career with Hamilton County Schools, no matter your professional goals:
- Train to become a mentor teacher or professional development presenter
- Obtain your National Board Certification and get a $4,000 salary increase
- Apply for leadership pipeline programs for instructional coaching or administration
- Be a part of innovative programs that are unique to Hamilton County like Teacherpreneur and STEM Fellows
- Travel the world as a Fund for Teachers recipient
Experience all Chattanooga has to offer:
- Chattanooga has a metro area of 500,000 people - not too big and not too small - and under two hours from Nashville, Atlanta, Knoxville, and Birmingham
- Award-winning city for outdoor activities, music, art and culture
- 25 + local music, art, and food festivals every year
We are seeking teaching candidates who are:
- Committed to high academic achievement and high expectations for all students
- Able to be a positive team-player and communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors, students, and families
- Open to being coached and receiving feedback in order to advance learning and growth for students
- Experienced in high-need or Title-I School settings. Experience with English Language Learners is a plus.
- Professionals with high personal standards and integrity
Compensation & Total Rewards
- Competitive salary range commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes multiple health insurance options, vision, dental reimbursement, short and long-term disability, life insurance, on-site clinics, and a wellness program
- Childcare for Hamilton County teachers available in multiple schools
- Competitive retirement plans through Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, including a hybrid 401k and pension plan. In 2018, TCRS was ranked in the top four best funded State Pension plans by the Pew Charitable Trust.
About Hamilton County Schools
Hamilton County Schools, located in beautiful Chattanooga, TN, is the fastest improving district in the state of Tennessee. We believe in success for all students and are dedicated to helping all students succeed to their highest potential. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
Who we serve: Hamilton County Schools serves over 42,000 students across our diverse county in urban, rural and suburban communities. Our families speak 125 languages and approximately 8.5% of our students are English language learners.
Our results: The state of Tennessee has recognized Hamilton County as an “Advancing” school district.
A few of our recent achievements include:
- #2 out of 146 districts in the state of Tennessee for student growth and a Level 5 district for 2018-2019
- 45 Level 5 schools and 32 reward schools
- 16 Volkswagen E-Labs - the highest concentration of fabrication labs of any district in the US or abroad
- Milken Award winning teacher; State Principal of the Year (2017)
- 13 High Schools with over 18 Future Ready Institutes
3074 Hickory Valley Road
Apply for Interventionist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert