$5000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Paid out half in first paycheck, half after 6 months of employment.
Essex Junction Recreation and Parks is seeking a creative, energetic, and caring individual to serve as an Assistant Site Coordinator for one of our licensed afterschool programs. This position follows a shared staffing model of day-time student support in an elementary school paired with the after-school role. By having staff who also work in the school building during the day, we are able to connect expectations, provide consistency, and offer friendly faces for kids and families. As a mainstream teaching assistant, you will supervise students during lunch, recess or other non-instructional times to support their physical, social and emotional health. After school and during school vacations, you will assist with planning and providing engaging activities for 50+ students, lead and supervise site staff, and communicate with families about kids and the program. You will serve in a leadership role during the summer at one of our summer day camps.
Rec Kids at Founders
- 50-65 students daily Grades 3-5
This full-time, year-round position has a starting hourly rate of $18.43-$21.73 depending on experience. Excellent health, dental, retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, and paid leave.
Bachelor’s degree in recreation, elementary/special education, or related field plus a minimum of two years of experience in youth service program management OR a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and knowledge are obtained. Familiarity with Vermont State Childcare Licensing Regulations preferred.
- A valid Vermont Driver’s License is required.
- Good driving record is required.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain a CDL with passenger and school bus endorsement within three months of hire.
- Must be or be able to be trained in CPI/TCI/Handle With Care.
- Must be or be able to be trained in Responsive Classroom and PBIS.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain and maintain valid CPR and First-Aid certification.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/d17Q1QiOzPdNVsPdDcEXJj