Licensed Afterschool Program Coordinator
- Essex Junction, Vermont
- Job Category
- Administrator, Assistant Superintendent
- Job Type
$5000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Paid out half in first paycheck, half after 6 months of employment.
Essex Junction Recreation and Parks is seeking a creative, energetic, and caring, individual to serve as a Site Coordinator for one of our licensed afterschool programs. This position follows a shared staffing model of day-time student support in an elementary school, paired with the after-school role. By having staff who also work in the school building during the day, we are able to connect expectations, provide consistency, and offer friendly faces for kids and families. As a mainstream teaching assistant, you will supervise students during lunch, recess or other non-instructional times to support their physical, social and emotional health. After school and during school vacations, you will plan and implement engaging activities for 30-40 students, lead and supervise site staff, and communicate with families about kids and the program. During the summer, you will lead a summer day camp.
Kindergarten Rec Kids at Maple Street Park
- 30-40 students daily
- Kindergarten only during afterschool hours
- Daytime assignment: Summit Street School
Rec Kids at Westford Elementary School
- 20-26 students daily
- K-5th grade
Rec Kids at Summit Street School
- 50-65 students daily
- 1st-3rd grade
Rec Kids at Fleming
- 20-40 students daily
- 4th & 5th grade
This full-time, year-round position has a starting hourly rate of $20-42-$22.86. Excellent health, dental, retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, and paid leave.
Bachelor’s degree - strongly preferred to meet state licensing requirements - in recreation, elementary/special education or related field plus a minimum of two years of experience in youth service program management OR combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and knowledge are obtained. Familiarity with Vermont State Child Care Licensing Regulations preferred.
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License required.
- Good driving record required.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain a CDL with passenger and school bus endorsement within three months of hire.
- Must be or be able to be trained in CPI/TCI/Handle With Care.
- Must be or be able to be trained in Responsive Classroom and PBIS.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain and maintain valid CPR and First-Aid certification.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/oXyD2GfdpwlnRcgDntyQ1J
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert