Leadership/Program Administrator, High School ScienceDate Posted:
Greenwich High SchoolDate Available:
Until filledGreenwich, CT Public Schools seeks a dynamic leader for the position of Program Administrator, High School Science, an administrative position with responsibility for the design, development, and evaluation of the science program for students enrolled in grades 9-12.
The High School Science Program Administrator is responsible for designing, evaluating, and revising program curriculum, ensuring alignment with Connecticut and Next-Generation Science Standards (NGSS), leading and organizing the adoption and use of instructional materials, planning and leading professional learning for high school science teachers, and leading the assessment of student learning. The High School Science Program Administrator works with, supervises, and evaluates teachers of high school science, and collaborates with District and school leadership, ensuring vertical as well as horizontal articulation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate high levels of professional competency, leadership, and communication.
- CT State Certification in Intermediate Administration or Supervision (#092), or eligibility for such, required
- CT State Certification in science teaching, or eligibility for such, required
- 5-7 years of experience as a high school science teacher preferred
Terms of Employment
- Standard administrator work schedule including attendance at Board meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Carries out his/her professional responsibilities to the extent required by the operational programs of the Greenwich Board of Education.
- Salary and benefits package is based on the Agreement between the Greenwich Board of Education and the Greenwich Organization of School Administrators
- Additional inquiries may be directed to Jonathan S. Budd, Ph.D., Chief Human Resources Officer, Greenwich Public Schools, 203-625-7405 / email@example.com