Chief - Strategic Communication & Engagement
The School District of Palm Beach County
The Palm Beach County School District is the 10th largest district in the country with a student enrollment of more than 190,000 students including charter schools. The annual total budget exceeds $4 billion and the District is the largest employer in Palm Beach County with over 22,000 full-time employees.
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership for the Chief Officer of Strategic Communications and Engagement
1. Provides overall leadership and direction for strategy, design, and operation of the District’s internal and external marketing and marketing, communications, and engagement activities and outcomes.
2. Strategically integrates information and content to build a compelling digital platform that brings together strategy, research, creativity, and data analytics to transform the business of educating children and foster broader interactivity between the District and its many stakeholders.
3. Oversees the District’s communications transformation using analytics to create a world-class communications environment to enhance digital experiences that build relationships with key audiences - students, teachers, parents, and the community.
4. Manages District level print, digital, web, and social media presence for marketing, branding, and communications.
5. Provides counsel to the Superintendent, senior management and the Board on marketing, communications, and parental and community involvement.
6. Serves as chief spokesperson, chief marketer and chief liaison with all audiences to promote the District’s mission and as an intermediary between school administrators/officials and the media in order to provide information on a varied number of educational policies, programs, and administrative operations.
7. Plans, implements and evaluates internal and external strategies to build understanding and support for District initiatives, and to promote greater involvement in and support for District initiatives among civic, school, community, business and legislative interests.
8. Serves as speechwriter for the Superintendent and for other top administrators as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree in education, journalism, marketing, broadcast media, public relations, public administration, or related fields. (Master’s degree preferred).
● Five (5) years of experience, including management, in communications, analytics modeling, digital social media, marketing, public relations, or public information.
● Demonstrated communication skills and knowledge of information technologies.
● Knowledge of current principles and practices of public relations and information, marketing, and journalism.
● Successful experience in interviews required for press interaction.
● Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with management, diverse employee groups, and the public and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
● Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
● Experience with creating and executing marketing, communication, and/or PR strategies, promoting and maintaining positive representation for a public or private organization.
1. Bilingual preferred- Spanish or Creole
2. 3 or more years of Sr. Leadership experience in a large organization
3. Recent press interaction and crisis communication experience
4. Experience in a public K-12 education system preferred
Salary: $119,678 - $214,124
Application Deadline: May 22, 2023
Start Date: TBD
Apply online: www.palmbeachschools.org/jobs
Job Code: 70635 Job Id: 244527