S10Q - SOAR Para - Galileo Academy of Science & Technology
- San Francisco Unified School District
- San Francisco, CA, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, Science Teacher, Support Staff, Paraprofessional
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the seventh largest school district in California, serving more than 57,000 students who speak more than 44 documented languages across 132 schools in the city of San Francisco every year. We aim for every student who attends SFUSD schools to discover his or her spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose. Our goal is that all students graduate from high school ready for college and career, equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD's Graduate Profile . Every day in our quest to achieve this mission we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
What It Means to Work Here
When you join our team at SFUSD you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused organization that approaches public education as a social justice movement, requiring broad collaboration across an array of strategic partners. In 2014, SFUSD created an inspiring statement, Vision 2025 , which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District's strategic plan , Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district , SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2025.
Who We Want
Under the direction of the school administration, assists certificated teachers and works with specialists assigned to the classroom in providing academic and social instruction and assistance to individuals and small groups of students with significant social-emotional and behavioral challenges. Working locations can be in the classroom, playground, and community setting. Adequate physical strength and mobility is required to implement strategies for emergency intervention, including lifting and moving students in an agitated emotional state and implementation of physical restraints in order to ensure safety.
Some positions may require that the employee furnish a certificate of clearance from the Department of Motor Vehicles in order to meet insurability.
Employee will be required to furnish proof of the following:
• Commitment to successfully complete the American Red Cross Standard First Aid and American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation trainings within 90 days, if the candidate is not already in possession of valid certificates
• Commitment to partake in and successfully complete the CPI training prior to entering the classroom if not already possessing that certificate
- High School Diploma/equivalent
- An Associate of Arts Degree or higher, OR
- 48 college units, OR
- High School Diploma/equivalent and passing of CBEST examination
- A letters of interest
- One year of successful experience working with students who have significant social-emotional and/or behavioral needs, i.e. direct student care or as an instructional aide working in a public school, nonpublic school or nonpublic agency setting.
- Willingness to work with, and basic background knowledge of, interventions for working with students with significant social-emotional and behavioral needs
- Ability to follow appropriate safety precaution guidelines and procedures and make judgment calls during a crisis, across all school settings and activities
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, firmness, caring, courtesy, and consistency
- Use and operation of a word processor, iPad, computer, and standard office equipment, ability to collect data in a systematic manner
Starting at $23.5059 per hour + $1.49 FWEA
How to Apply
- Go to: careers.sfusd.edu/
- Create an account and complete an application.
- Go to the "Apply to Jobs" tab to view and apply for specific openings.
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This policy extends to San Francisco County Office of Education, including community school programs and activities. For more information about the District's non-discrimination policy, please review Board Policy 4030.
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the seventh largest school district in California, serving more than 55,000 students who speak more than 44 documented languages across 136 schools in the city of San Francisco every year. We aim for every student who attends SFUSD schools to discover his or her spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose, and that all students graduate from high school ready for college and career, and equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD’s Graduate Profile. Every day in our quest to achieve this mission we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
555 Franklin Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert