WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Alabama Virtual Academy (ALVA)!
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
- Alabama Virtual Academy
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Alabama Virtual Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Alabama Virtual Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Speech-Language Pathologist assesses, diagnoses, treats and helps to prevent communication and swallowing disorder in children experiencing communication problems that affect classroom activities, social interaction, literacy and learning.This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during the workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school.Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Screens, evaluates, and provides speech-language therapy for students with identified speech-language impairments; Documents student performance;
- Provide support to student support team (SST)/response to intervention (RTI) processes;
- Provides case management of speech-only caseload;
- Monitors compliance for speech-only case managers;
- Monitors compliance with regulations;
- Instructs students/families in the use of appropriate communication technologies (specifically alternative augmentative communication devices) for the purpose of minimizing the adverse educational impact of communication disorders and improving student success in the classroom;
- Maintains files and/or records, e.g. progress reports, activity logs, treatment plans, reports, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of information as required for reference and/or compliance;
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certificates and Licenses
- Master's degree in speech language pathology AND
- Three (3) years of speech/language work experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
: Speech-Language Pathology license and/or teaching certificate.OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly knowledgeable about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements
- Thorough knowledge and skill in conducting/interpreting comprehensive speech-language evaluations
- Thorough knowledge and skill in providing speech-language therapy services
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to plan and deliver speech-language services to children
- Ability to create and deliver staff development
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer Software: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 25% of time for meetings, professional development, etc.
- Ability to pass background check requirements
- Management experience (if applicable)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
- This is a home-based position
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.