We are looking for a Lego Robotics Coding instructor for after school robotic coding class.
You are responsible for:
1. Introducing coding concepts: The class should introduce students to basic Robotics coding concepts such as sensor, motor, movement and speed control.
2. Developing problem-solving skills: Through coding challenges and building and programming robots, students should develop problem-solving skills and learn how to approach complex problems in a systematic way.
3. Preparing students for the competition: The skills and knowledge gained in a robot coding class can prepare students for FLL seasonal competition.
1. Proficiency in coding: The teacher should have a strong understanding of programming concepts and be familiar with programming languages such as Scratch.
2. Experience with Lego Robotics: The teacher should have experience with Lego Mindstorms or other similar robotics kits.
3. Teaching experience: Prior teaching experience, especially in a classroom setting, can be helpful in designing effective lessons and engaging with students.
4. Strong communication skills: The teacher should be able to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to students and parents.
5. Patience and enthusiasm: Working with children requires patience, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
6. Relevant education: A degree or certification in computer science, engineering, education, or a related field may be preferred.
This role is part-time position. The class schedule can be flexible, mostly between 4-7pm after school hours and total number of hours varies ( Approximately 2-5 hrs / week).