- Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Baltimore, MD, US
- Job Category
- Administrator, Finance / Business / CFO, Supervisor / Manager
The Business Manager serves as pastoral staff resource in support of the pastor, fulfilling parish administrative needs in finance, buildings and grounds, and personnel. He/she directs these efforts with expertise within shared ministries and Catholic values.
- Maintains an accurate filing and recordkeeping and reporting system for all parish financial matters. Prepares monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports for parish, parish ministries and the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Prepares staff payroll.
- Prepares, administers, and reviews the budget process in collaboration with the Pastor, Finance Committee, and other committees. Assists the Finance Committee in presenting the budget to the Pastor for approval
- Monitors collection, counting, recording and depositing of parish revenue from all sources
- Serves as a resource to parish organizations in financial matters, from planning to auditing
- Directs the operation of the parish office. Oversees all human resources
- Supervises and manages major repairs or new construction. Works with Pastor and Archdiocese leadership to manage proposals, bids and schedules
- Coordinates liability and maintenance needs with staff Facilities person
- Oversees security and IT contractors and personnel
- Must be a practicing Catholic who adheres to all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online
- Advanced proficiency in Google Suite applications
- Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission
- Experience from volunteer efforts on parish committees and events preferred
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore provide a Christ-centered education that is academically excellent and empowers students to reach their full potential – spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and morally. Catholic Schools offer a balanced curriculum, integrating music and arts, world language, and Catholic faith while challenging students in the areas of science, math, and technology. Catholic schools emphasize critical thinking and encourage students to collaborate, communicate, and problem-solve.
Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic Schools enroll over 16,000 students each year and is the 11th largest school system in Maryland. There are currently 34 Catholic elementary and middle schools, 6 Catholic high schools, and 1 Catholic early learning center located throughout the archdiocese's nine jurisdictions which include: Baltimore City, Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Harford, Howard, and Washington Counties.
320 Cathedral St.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert