Public Speech After-school class instructor
- STEAM Learning Club
- McKinney, Texas
- This is contractor position, rate is $20-$30/hr depending on experience.
- Job Category
- Administrator, Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD, Instructional Coach / PD, Teaching, After School Teacher, Early Childhood / Daycare Teacher, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Fine Arts Teacher, Gifted / Talented Teacher, Math Teacher, Montessori Teacher, Science Teacher, Technology Education Teacher
- Grade Level
- Elementary School, Middle School
- Job Type
- Part-Time, After School
Our afterschool enrichment program is seeking a Speech Instructor to teach and mentor elementary and middle school students in the art of public speaking, debate, and critical thinking.
Our unique program:
* We use our proprietary curriculum, easy for students to prepare and teacher to evaluate the progress.
As an instructor, you will be responsible:
* In class: mentoring, instructing and delivering engaging lesson contents. Follow the curriculum to guide students to ensure quality of speech and debate.
* Before and After class: Check, monitor and evaluate the students' progress.
* Previous teaching experience in Toast Master, English Language arts, Presentation and communication will definitely help, We still provide training and mentoring to help you get started.
Class Hours: Usually between 4-7pm , Mon-Friday depending on individual group schedule.
Class size: 6-12 students.
- Plan and deliver high-quality debate and speech lessons that align with curriculum standards and learning objectives
- Teach students the fundamentals of persuasive argumentation, effective communication, and critical thinking
- Coach students in debate and public speaking competitions, providing feedback and guidance to help them improve their skills
- Assess student progress and provide timely feedback to students and parents/guardians
- Collaborate with other instructors and staff to ensure effective program delivery
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities to enhance instructional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Communication, or related field
- 2+ years of experience teaching debate and/or public speaking to elementary and middle school students
- Strong knowledge of debate and speech fundamentals and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other instructors and staff
- Passion for working with young students and helping them develop their skills and confidence
- Experience in coaching debate and public speaking competitions is a plus
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- After school hours ( 4-7pm, time varies in week days)
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- McKinney, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Have you ever managed, taught any debate, public speech classes ? If so please list the details.
- Do you have teaching experience for Elementary, Middle school students ? If yes please list subjects, locations, and some details.
- Bachelor's (Required)
Apply for Public Speech After-school class instructor
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert