Building Substitute Teacher - Tindley Summit Academy
- Tindley Accelerated Schools
- Indianapolis, IN, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Substitute Teacher
Tindley Summit Academy is driven by our mission of cooperation with parents and the broader community to empower our scholars - regardless of their past academic performance - to become successful learners who graduate with the capacity for rigorous college opportunities.
At Tindley Summit Academy, ALL scholars will experience a rigorous accelerated learning environment that will set them on the path to college and provide them with the education that will empower them to lead a life that they desire and deserve. Our school is centered on four pillars: Academic, Leadership, Service, and Community.
We are looking for educators dedicated to improving children's outcomes, engaging with families, and community-focused. We ask a simple question that anchors our work, How Are The Children?
Experience and Skills:
Summit is currently seeking candidate for the following position:
- Building Substitute Teacher
- Experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- Valid Indiana State certification or have a reciprocal licensure in a different state is required. Applicants in Indiana State-approved alternate certification programs must provide proof of enrollment.
- Love for children
- Passion for pushing children to maximize their potential inside and outside the classroom
- Passion for being a valued member of a broader community outside the school
- Willingness to grow professionally
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Open to constant observation and feedback
- Desire to grow professionally
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree is preferred
See licensing requirement at
http://www.doe.in.gov/licensing and apply at https://license.doe.in.gov/
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Each employee is an integral part of our operation and success. We also ask from our employees that they do anything and everything that is possible to drive our mission. As such, it is our goal to attract, motivate, and retain top talent by providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees. We offer competitive base salaries plus add-ons for teaching experience and advanced degrees.
Tindley offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
-Bundled Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
-Tindley Paid Life and AD&D insurance
-Access to additional group term life insurance
-Tindley paid Critical Illness, Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
-Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Flexible Spending Account
-Access to Voluntary Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, Cancer, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance
-Access to the Indiana's Teacher or Public Retirement System (Pension Plan)
Professional Enrichment Program:
Under the direction of our Curriculum Team, our teachers learn professionally and educationally acceptable methods, strategies and techniques to manage their classrooms and develop the skills that are associated with highly effective teachers. Administrators are involved in our Annual Institute Programs as well as regular professional development opportunities.
Student Loan Forgiveness:
You may be eligible for student loan forgiveness of FFEL and/or Direct Loan Programs, through the U.S. Department of Education, if you work for us.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert