Science Teacher**$1,500 Signing Bonus Available**
- Clarke County School District
- Athens, GA, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, Science Teacher
- Grade Level
- Middle School
• Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
• Administers developmental testing programs and/or subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans. • Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents or guardians, and a variety of community resources (special support personnel, etc.) for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
• Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
• Directs others working with and/or helping the teacher in the learning environment (assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers, etc.) for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (classroom, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment. • Participates in a variety of meetings (Professional Learning Communities, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (grades, attendance, anecdotal records, meeting minutes, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
• Reports suspected child or substance abuse to assigned site administrator for the purpose of maintaining student personal safety, a positive learning environment, and adhering to regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (other teachers, parents, administrators, industryspecific organizations, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
• Responds to emergency situations (student behavior problems, health emergencies, security threats, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Skills-based Competencies Required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records; adhering to safety practices and procedures; administering first aid; analyzing data; applying physical restraint practices; planning and managing projects; promoting activities and/or events; and using curriculum and instructional techniques.
• Knowledge-based Competencies Required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations, and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; behavioral management strategies; assessment instruments and techniques; classroom instructional media and technology; cultural differences of student population; current and emerging curricula; health standards and hazards; community resources; methods of instruction and training; office equipment and technology; and school safety and security practices.
• Ability-based Competencies Required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; working flexible hours.; communicating with persons of diverse backgrounds; dealing with frequent interruptions; meeting deadlines and schedules; organizing tasks; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working extended hours; and working with detailed information/data; working with frequent interruptions.
Valid teaching certificate in the assigned teaching field
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity.
Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing.
Maintains all licenses and certifications
Criminal Justice Fingerprint
Background Clearance Fair
Labor Standards Act
Our Vision: Building a culture of high expectations and equity in which all students grow
academically and socially to improve our community and our world.
Our Mission: The Clarke County School District is an ambitious community of learners in a diverse and culturally rich county. We are committed to equity and excellence through the implementation of rigorous standards in a safe and supportive environment — on every campus, in every classroom and for every child.
Our Core Beliefs: Public education is central to our democracy. To fulfill the promise of public education, the Clarke County School District has a fundamental set of beliefs that serves as a lens through which every decision is made and every action is taken.These beliefs are the backbone of our organization. CCSD believes that:
Equity, access and progress towards excellence are basic rights that must be afforded to every individual in our system.
Mission-driven, diverse and creative staff make the critical difference in student achievement, and they must be successfully recruited and retained.
Students, families, staff and the broader community benefit mutually from active engagement with one another.
Safe, nurturing and well-maintained schools/campuses are required for optimal learning.
595 Prince Avenue
Apply for Science Teacher**$1,500 Signing Bonus Available**
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert