Middle School Teacher (Immediately)
- Nuasin Next generation Charter School
- Bronx, NY, United States
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher
- Grade Level
- Middle School
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is in search of motivated, mission-aligned individuals that want to join us in providing the scholars and families of the Highbridge section of the Bronx with the truly excellent school they need and deserve. We are looking for educators that believe in the talent and intellectual capabilities of our scholars. We are looking for educators that are excited to engage and ignite our scholars in deep intellectual engagement of great ideas, problem-solving activities, and a complex understanding of our academic content. Nuasin is a school and community that cares about your why and expects you to bring passion, commitment, and respect to our scholars on a daily basis. Below is a description of the teaching positions that are currently available. Please reply to this email or contact us if Nuasin is the right place for you.
The anticipated salary range is $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 for a candidate who will work in New York City. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience to the job, education, and certifications.
A Middle School Teacher at Nuasin Next Generation Charter School will:
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop workflows, effective lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor scholars in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Build a classroom culture that is characterized by high academic and behavioral expectations, prioritizing a safe and caring environment for our scholars to learn and grow in. but is also warm and welcoming.
- Utilize restorative practices to build strong and meaningful relationships with scholars, families, and staff.
- Effectively intellectually prepare for all units, lessons, and assessments by effectively using materials provided and making them your own.
- Engage scholars intellectually by maintaining high levels of rigor, intellectual curiosity, high quality discussions, and joy for learning.
- Use formal and informal assessment data to drive instruction, ensure mastery, and pivot when needed.
- Actively participate in grade level meetings, content team meetings, collaborative planning, data analysis and action planning.
- Innovate, challenge, and push excellence with your scholars at all times.
- Be an active leader and participate in daily advisories, homerooms, and culture blocks.
- Proactively communicate with families using effective communication techniques.
- Participate in professional development from leaders and peers that pushes constant reflection, adjustment to the plan, and growth.
- Take ownership of academic and social progress of scholars, and work actively to ensure constant progress and overcome setbacks.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, scholar, school leadership and teachers.
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings (e.g. grade level, data, coaching, professional growth, etc. ) for the purpose of driving scholar achievement.
- Advises parents or legal guardians of scholar progress such as scholar's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is a progressive K-12 institution with a strong history and presence in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. At Nuasin Next Generation, we believe in the unlimited talent and intellectual potential of our scholars and our community. We cultivate this talent and intellectual potential through a progressive education that focuses on deep exploration, thoughtful questioning, relentless curiosity, and critical thinking. NNGCS implements a progressive K-12 educational program and an unyielding commitment to cultivating our scholars’ innate intellectual talents to empower our graduates to achieve excellence in their postsecondary paths and make positive impacts on the broader community. Every single one of our scholars has the potential to be great and change the world, at Nuasin Next Generation we prepare our scholars for that opportunity.
180 west 165th street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert