K-12 ELL Teacher (2023-2024)
- Nuasin Next generation Charter School
- Bronx, NY, United States
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is in search of motivated, mission-aligned individuals that want to join us in providing the scholars and families of the Highbridge section of the Bronx with the truly excellent school they need and deserve. We are looking for educators that believe in the talent and intellectual capabilities of our scholars. We are looking for educators that are excited to engage and ignite our scholars in deep intellectual engagement of great ideas, problem-solving activities, and a complex understanding of our academic content. Nuasin is a school and community that cares about your why and expects you to bring passion, commitment, and respect to our scholars on a daily basis. Below is a description of the teaching positions that are currently available. Please reply to this email or contact us if Nuasin is the right place for you.
The anticipated salary range is $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 for a candidate who will work in New York City. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience to the job, education, and certifications.
A ELL Teacher at Nuasin Next Generation Charter School will:
- Serve as a resource to classroom teachers to help ELL scholars achieve academically in the classroom.
- Use language teaching strategies to increase English proficiency for scholars who speak a language other than English at home.
- Advocate for the needs of the ELL scholars.
- Evaluate the language needs of scholars whose families speak a language other than English at home and recommend appropriate language support.
- Administer a language screener to scholars for whom a language barrier is impeding their academic success.
- Maintain accurate ELL cumulative files and communicate changes to scholar Services.
- Participate in ongoing professional development including ELL staff meetings.
- Administer the NYSESLAT for all ELLs scholars.
- Keep track of scholars' performance.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop workflows, effective lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor scholars in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Build a classroom culture that is characterized by high academic and behavioral expectations, prioritizing a safe and caring environment for our scholars to learn and grow in. but is also warm and welcoming.
- Utilize restorative practices to build strong and meaningful relationships with scholars, families, and staff.
- Effectively intellectually prepare for all units, lessons, and assessments by effectively using materials provided and making them your own.
- Engage scholars intellectually by maintaining high levels of rigor, intellectual curiosity, high quality discussions, and joy for learning.
- Use formal and informal assessment data to drive instruction, ensure mastery, and pivot when needed.
- Actively participate in grade level meetings, content team meetings, collaborative planning, data analysis and action planning.
- Innovate, challenge, and push excellence with your scholars at all times.
- Be an active leader and participate in daily advisories, homerooms, and culture blocks.
- Proactively communicate with families using effective communication techniques.
- Participate in professional development from leaders and peers that pushes constant reflection, adjustment to the plan, and growth.
- Take ownership of academic and social progress of scholars, and work actively to ensure constant progress and overcome setbacks.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, scholars, principals, and teachers.
- Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. grade level, school site, district, professional growth, etc. ) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Meet with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to discuss scholar's language needs and progress..
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, scholars, school leadership and teachers.
- Actively participate in a variety of meetings (e.g. grade level, data, coaching, professional growth, etc. ) for the purpose of driving scholar achievement.
- Advises parents or legal guardians of scholar progress such as scholar's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Coach, manage, and develop teachers to exceptional scholar achievement.
- Coach and develop teachers to establish the foundations for successful classrooms: rigorous assessments, strong relationships, and positive classroom cultures.
- Observe teachers weekly to gather data on scholar learning and teacher proficiency to diagnose teachers' strengths and weaknesses constantly and determine strategies for improving their practice and improving scholar learning.
- Coach a portfolio of teachers, take leadership of a particular subject or grade level, and facilitate high-impact professional development for staff.
- Coordinate and manage creative, inspiring professional development sessions in line with school goals and priorities.
- Direct the interim assessment process to ensure teachers are using current data to drive instruction; facilitate regular, meaningful interim assessment data debriefs with teachers.
- Lead team and schoolwide professional development on areas as defined by the strategic plan and other data points.
- Co-teach, model and provide exemplars for amazing instruction.
We invite you to Apply if you:
- If you love kids
- At least a Bachelor's Degree
- Believe in our approach to education of Rigor, Self-Advocacy and Community
- Hold exceptionally high standards for academic rigor
- Have progressive mindset and alignment with education reform
- Have a record of exceptional scholar achievement and results
- Possess the agility to adapt in an ever-changing environment
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is a progressive K-12 institution with a strong history and presence in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. At Nuasin Next Generation, we believe in the unlimited talent and intellectual potential of our scholars and our community. We cultivate this talent and intellectual potential through a progressive education that focuses on deep exploration, thoughtful questioning, relentless curiosity, and critical thinking. NNGCS implements a progressive K-12 educational program and an unyielding commitment to cultivating our scholars’ innate intellectual talents to empower our graduates to achieve excellence in their postsecondary paths and make positive impacts on the broader community. Every single one of our scholars has the potential to be great and change the world, at Nuasin Next Generation we prepare our scholars for that opportunity.
180 west 165th street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert