High School Math Teacher (2023-2024)
- Nuasin Next generation Charter School
- Bronx, NY, United States
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Math Teacher
- Grade Level
- High School
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is in search of motivated, mission-aligned individuals that want to join us in providing the scholars and families of the Highbridge section of the Bronx with the truly excellent school they need and deserve. We are looking for educators that believe in the talent and intellectual capabilities of our scholars. We are looking for educators that are excited to engage and ignite our scholars in deep intellectual engagement of great ideas, problem-solving activities, and a complex understanding of our academic content. Nuasin is a school and community that cares about your why and expects you to bring passion, commitment, and respect to our scholars on a daily basis. Below is a description of the teaching positions that are currently available. Please reply to this email or contact us if Nuasin is the right place for you.
The anticipated salary range is $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 for a candidate who will work in New York City. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience to the job, education, and certifications.
A High School Teacher at Nuasin Next Generation Charter School will:
- Design curriculum to meet state standards.
- Master knowledge of specific subject areas in which you are teaching
- Adapt lesson plans as needed to address different learning levels
- Prepare class activities to supplement the material and engage students
- Observe individual student performance and progress and reporting observations to parents and school administrators
- Plan lessons and instruct their students in the subject they teach
- Assess students' abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Adapt lessons to changes in class size
- Grade students' assignments and exams
- Communicate with parents about students' progress
- Work with individual students to challenge them and to improve their abilities
- Prepare students for standardized tests required by the state
- Develop and enforce classroom rules and administrative policies
- Supervise students outside of the classroom-for example, during lunchtime or detention
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in education
- New York Teaching certification
- Supervised classroom experience
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is a progressive K-12 institution with a strong history and presence in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. At Nuasin Next Generation, we believe in the unlimited talent and intellectual potential of our scholars and our community. We cultivate this talent and intellectual potential through a progressive education that focuses on deep exploration, thoughtful questioning, relentless curiosity, and critical thinking. NNGCS implements a progressive K-12 educational program and an unyielding commitment to cultivating our scholars’ innate intellectual talents to empower our graduates to achieve excellence in their postsecondary paths and make positive impacts on the broader community. Every single one of our scholars has the potential to be great and change the world, at Nuasin Next Generation we prepare our scholars for that opportunity.
180 west 165th street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert