4-6 Grade Special Education Teacher (Immediate)
- Nuasin Next generation Charter School
- Bronx, NY, United States
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is in search of motivated, mission-aligned individuals that want to join us in providing the scholars and families of the Highbridge section of the Bronx with the truly excellent school they need and deserve. We are looking for educators that believe in the talent and intellectual capabilities of our scholars. We are looking for educators that are excited to engage and ignite our scholars in deep intellectual engagement of great ideas, problem-solving activities, and a complex understanding of our academic content. Nuasin is a school and community that cares about your why and expects you to bring passion, commitment, and respect to our scholars on a daily basis. Below is a description of the teaching positions that are currently available. Please reply to this email or contact us if Nuasin is the right place for you.
The anticipated salary range is $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 for a candidate who will work in New York City. The salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience to the job, education, and certifications.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Licensed educators passionate about rigorous academics, student achievement data, high expectations will be highly considered.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
- Required state teaching certification/licensure; Highly Qualified status under No Child Left Behind
- Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational program
- Demonstrated success teaching elementary-level reading and math literacy.
- Driven towards Excellence
- Culturally Proficient
- Collaborative Colleague
- Constant Learner
- Knowledge of or experience with Common Core State Standards or Understanding by Design preferred
- Ability to use data to inform instruction and decision-making related to student achievement
- Ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
- Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
- Competent in operating data management tools, organizational tools, computs skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Nuasin Next Generation Charter School is a progressive K-12 institution with a strong history and presence in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. At Nuasin Next Generation, we believe in the unlimited talent and intellectual potential of our scholars and our community. We cultivate this talent and intellectual potential through a progressive education that focuses on deep exploration, thoughtful questioning, relentless curiosity, and critical thinking. NNGCS implements a progressive K-12 educational program and an unyielding commitment to cultivating our scholars’ innate intellectual talents to empower our graduates to achieve excellence in their postsecondary paths and make positive impacts on the broader community. Every single one of our scholars has the potential to be great and change the world, at Nuasin Next Generation we prepare our scholars for that opportunity.
180 west 165th street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert