Art Teacher - Independence Elementary School
- Cherry Creek School District No. 5
- Englewood, CO, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, Elementary Education Teacher, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Fine Arts Teacher, Art Teacher
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Link to https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/Page/2906
Certified Salary Schedule
Certified Salary Schedule
Our employee benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance. Visit our website for full details.
Principal or designee.
An art teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among community and school clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enjoys working with elementary students.
2. Demonstrates ability to teach the full spectrum of art education.
3. Demonstrates understanding of scope and sequence of art curriculum and programs.
4. Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to elementary level learners.
5. Demonstrated ability to make a positive impact on student achievement and to differentiate instruction to support the needs of diverse learners.
6. Demonstrated problem-solving skills evidenced through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
7. Strong communication, organization, and human relations skills.
8. Willing to use PowerSchool for online attendance, online grade book, online posting of assignments, and parental access to attendance and grades.
9. Ability and desire to work as a team member.
1. Hold a valid Colorado (CDE) teaching license with an art endorsement (visual arts or equivalent.)
2. Proficiency in using technology.
The Cherry Creek School District is one of the highest-achieving school districts in Colorado. We educate more than 53,000 children, representing over 150 languages. We serve over 300,000 residents in 108 square miles spreading across eight municipalities: Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village, and portions of Aurora, Englewood, and Denver. We employ over 3,700 teachers who serve in our 67 schools and programs. Ninety-eight percent of our schools rank in the highest category of Accreditation by the Colorado Department of Education.
We are proud of our longstanding national record of excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and activities. It is a testament to the efforts of a supportive community, involved parents, dedicated staff members, and motivated students.
Professional learning opportunities and support for educators are abundant in Cherry Creek, including educator mentorship, new educator orientation, district-level professional learning, and school-based learning teams - all directed toward developing educator craft and increasing student achievement.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss the many opportunities in our district and the wonderful lifestyle of Colorado.
4700 S YOSEMITE ST
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert