Math Teacher - Cherokee High School
- Cherry Creek School District No. 5
- Englewood, CO, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Math Teacher
- Grade Level
- High School
Link to https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/Page/2906
Certified Salary Schedule
Certified Salary Schedule
Our employee benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance. Visit our website for full details.
Principal or designee.
The math teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among community and school clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to secondary learners.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the scope and the sequence of a mathematics curriculum.
3. Ability to align curriculum and assessments with state mathematics content standards.
4. Strong classroom management, communication, organization and planning skills.
5. Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
6. Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
7. Willing to support and actively participate in a professional learning community.
8. Participate collaboratively in teaching teams to design curriculum and assessments and pursue best teaching practice.
9. Utilize PowerSchool at the middle school level for online attendance, online grade book, online posting of assignments, and parental access to attendance and grades.
1. Hold a valid Colorado teaching license with a math endorsement.
2. Proficiency using technology.
The Cherry Creek School District is one of the highest-achieving school districts in Colorado. We educate more than 53,000 children, representing over 150 languages. We serve over 300,000 residents in 108 square miles spreading across eight municipalities: Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village, and portions of Aurora, Englewood, and Denver. We employ over 3,700 teachers who serve in our 67 schools and programs. Ninety-eight percent of our schools rank in the highest category of Accreditation by the Colorado Department of Education.
We are proud of our longstanding national record of excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and activities. It is a testament to the efforts of a supportive community, involved parents, dedicated staff members, and motivated students.
Professional learning opportunities and support for educators are abundant in Cherry Creek, including educator mentorship, new educator orientation, district-level professional learning, and school-based learning teams - all directed toward developing educator craft and increasing student achievement.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss the many opportunities in our district and the wonderful lifestyle of Colorado.
4700 S YOSEMITE ST
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert