Options Program Instructor - Options Program
- Cherry Creek School District No. 5
- Englewood, CO, US
- Job Category
Principal or designee.
Perform the duties of a classroom teacher in a part-time environment. Demonstrate dedication and passion to create and maintain a supportive, nurturing classroom environment that allows students to experience the joy of academic success. Support programs designed to increase student achievement. Utilize PowerSchool for online attendance, online grade book, online posting of assignments, and parental access to attendance and grades.
*$30 per hour, Elementary Language Arts teacher, 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) at the Fremont Building.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, implement, and deliver lesson plans to students in a classroom setting. [Weekly, 55%]
- Monitor student progress and communicate with parents/guardians regarding student performance. [Weekly, 10%]
- Differentiate instruction to support the needs of diverse learners. [Weekly, 10%]
- Integrate and expand the use of technology to support instruction. [Weekly, 5%]
- Post assignments and student progress. [Weekly, 5%]
- Collaborate with students, teachers, parents/guardians, and administrators to ensure the success of students. [Weekly, 3%]
- Participate in teaching teams to design curriculum and assessments and pursue best teaching practices. [Quarterly, 5%]
- Attend staff meetings and parent-teacher conferences. [Quarterly, 2%]
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. [Daily, 5%]
- Bachelor's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Completion of an approved preparation program which led to licensure in Colorado.
- Demonstration of content-area knowledge (by degree and/or exam(s), depending on content area).
- Student teaching/practicum/internship experience.
- Basic knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, email, etc.
- Basic knowledge of intermediate curriculum.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate interpersonal relations and teamwork skills.
- Advanced organizational and planning skills.
- Advanced classroom management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to use judgment and make sound decisions.
- Willingness to actively participate in a professional learning community.
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Colorado Department of Education Teacher License.
- Valid Colorado Elementary Educator License.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Light physical effort (lifting up to 10 pounds).
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Frequent bending and reaching.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, and pushing.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard.
- Repetitive motions.
- Eye/hand coordination.
- Speaking and hearing.
- Concentrated reading/writing/mathematics.
- May occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Varying levels of noise.
- Normal school district environment.
Last Updated: 2020/2021
The Cherry Creek School District is one of the highest-achieving school districts in Colorado. We educate more than 53,000 children, representing over 150 languages. We serve over 300,000 residents in 108 square miles spreading across eight municipalities: Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village, and portions of Aurora, Englewood, and Denver. We employ over 3,700 teachers who serve in our 67 schools and programs. Ninety-eight percent of our schools rank in the highest category of Accreditation by the Colorado Department of Education.
We are proud of our longstanding national record of excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and activities. It is a testament to the efforts of a supportive community, involved parents, dedicated staff members, and motivated students.
Professional learning opportunities and support for educators are abundant in Cherry Creek, including educator mentorship, new educator orientation, district-level professional learning, and school-based learning teams - all directed toward developing educator craft and increasing student achievement.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss the many opportunities in our district and the wonderful lifestyle of Colorado.
4700 S YOSEMITE ST
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert